Who has gotten or is going to get by this winter storm?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Who has gotten or is going to get by this winter storm?

Are you looking foward to it or dreading it?

Here in Louisville they keep changing the perdictions. Personally I keep hoping for a load of snow. I wouldn't want the ice that people have been hit with. There are too many problems with electric outages and heat. My sister-in-law in OK has ice sheeting an inch thick by her. We did the ice here last year and the huge power outages which was yuck-o. :yuck: Snow on it's own is another thing though and like I said I keep hoping.

My kids (11 & 13) have never seen/played in a REALLY good snow. We've had a couple of 4 or 5 inch things over the last decade but I think the last time we got anywhere over 6 my oldest was a young toddler. The time before that was in 1994 when Louisville didn't have any salt, couldn't find the 2 snow plows they owned, and didn't have anyone that knew how to drive them anyway. The city virtually shut down for a week. Dh and I were shocked. I mean it was a 12" to 18" (approximately) snow but it shouldn't have shut us down the way it did. What I'm coming to believe though is that the Ohio River and this valley/hole we sit in has something to do with it. Just across the river they get the good fluffy white stuf all the time and just outside the Louisville metro area going south (and I do mean just outside) they get the white fluffy stuff too. We mostly get a couple of inches of ice or slush or snow with with freezing rain. Anyhow I was starting to hope that this would be it. (That last one hit in Jan. too.)

I hope those of you getting hit are safe, prepared, and able to enjoy it. I've still got a couple of hours to hope for some. I'm sure there's a few of you that would love to send it my way. (Come on northward shift.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My son will get it he's just an hr east of you in Ky. But he's from In. so knows how to drive in the snow! LOL He just did't appreciate the ice storm last year that was way worse.
    Loving Wife to Ken 30 yrs & 3 sons
    My furbaby: /Sparky paw:Jack Russel,Beagle,Dashaund mix
    Change jar ?

Seek ye first the kingdom of God & he will give you your hearts desires. (Matt 6:33)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank God we are not getting it. I live in SW Ohio. Please everyone that has gotten it or getting it stay safe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well where I live in NC, the weather happens around us not too us. So I'm hoping that's what is going down. =D

I love cold weather but I hate snow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are supposed to get snow, maybe up to 10 inches. I am prepared for it. Lots of food, gas for the generator, a couple of good books to read.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i'm 45 miles north of owensboro...it's up in the air at this point as to what we will get...then again...it's always up in the air...we have decided that our forecasters go outside--look up--- come back in and stand in front of the camera and say "yup, looks like it's raining, snowing, sun shining, etc"....

right now they are predicting that it will stay south of the interstate (64)...we'll see....

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trishagirl View Post
    My son will get it he's just an hr east of you in Ky. But he's from In. so knows how to drive in the snow! LOL He just did't appreciate the ice storm last year that was way worse.
    I'm with him. The ice storm SUCKED!!!! I don't know anyone that likes an ice storm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelvssammy View Post
    i'm 45 miles north of owensboro...it's up in the air at this point as to what we will get...then again...it's always up in the air...we have decided that our forecasters go outside--look up--- come back in and stand in front of the camera and say "yup, looks like it's raining, snowing, sun shining, etc"....

right now they are predicting that it will stay south of the interstate (64)...we'll see....
    They've been saying south of 64 for days here. It just keeps rotating how much where.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are getting predictions of 8 to 12 inches of snow along w/ice. I love watching the snow. And my kids have only had one really good snow to play in so I hope they get to enjoy it.

I just worry about the trees. Our last storm in Dec. felled soooo many trees. Now there are cracked branches in trees that didn't fall last time. If we get a heavy wet snow they will come down and any trees w/weakened roots. That means power outages again! That- I don't like.

But I think we are ready for it.

WV mom, I wish we had your generator......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Eight to 12 inches here in SE Virginia ~ we're ready!
    Nancy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No. We have been extremely lucky but are having a cold snap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Supposed to only get light snow if anything. Which is great since I can't wait for Spring.

Registered User pop goes the weasel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You can keep the snow, ice and cold weather. Yesterday we had whiteouts, multiply tractor trailer wrecks ect. We have -20 wind chill. So yep you guys can have it if you want it or better yet....open the door and push Murphy out into it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It snowed all day yesterday but was too warm to stick long. Schools were delayed 2 hours but thats about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by TheRootedNomad View Post
    I'm with him. The ice storm SUCKED!!!! I don't know anyone that likes an ice storm.
    I love ice storms - only in pics though cuz they so purdy! *ducks*

Quote Originally Posted by pop goes the weasel View Post
    You can keep the snow, ice and cold weather. Yesterday we had whiteouts, multiply tractor trailer wrecks ect. We have -20 wind chill. So yep you guys can have it if you want it or better yet....open the door and push Murphy out into it
    Hahahahaa, think Murphy would freeze to death and finally go away?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast