Got our tax refund back early but......
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Got our tax refund back early but......

We are snowed in and cant get started on our demo projects this weekend,lol! We are planning on turning a large bedroom into two smaller ones since my sister is living with us. We had decided that we would use some of our tax refund for this project. Dh and I do all the work ourselves so its not going to be terribly expensive but this darn snow has us stuck! SOOOOOO..maybe next weekend! Oh and we got our refund a week early for some reason. We use taxactonline
    Holly

My blog: www.littlebitoflifetn.blogspot.com

Registered User pop goes the weasel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are also going to use our tax refund to finish up the house. I used taxact but it isn't here yet. We have the living room to finish and the bathroom.

Registered User old_lady_in_the_shoe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This must be the in thing to do, because we too are also using part of our return for home improvement/DIY projects!!! Glad we are not alone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna convince DH to spend part of ours on the kitchen and then the rest on getting new beds for all of us. He's looking at some cabinets that a co-worker's DBF got a hold of. If they're nice enough, we're gonna try to cut a deal and then put them in our house. It'd be nice to replace the cabinets in the kitchen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I filed ours this morning. We use taxact also and efile. We are going to use our refund to pay off debt! Dh and I are going to sit down tonight and have a meeting and come up with the very best way to use it. What is best to pay off, etc.

I was disappointed that we didn't get the 1000.00 for dd this year. That child credit of 1000.00 each? Just because she turned 17 in 2009. So what? She was a JUNIOR in high school, lived with us full time and we fully supported her. Why is the cut off 17?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think thats a great way to use your tax money! WTG! DH and I will be looking for a car!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another Taxact fan here. I just filed mine while ago. I usually only get about $150 back from federal and owe a little to the state, so it's pretty much a wash. But this year I feel like I won the lottery - a little over $1000 back from federal and $88 from the state.

I'm putting a chunk in the IRA, the 6 month car insurance (due April) and annual apartment insurance (due August) in savings, and I'll think about what to do with the rest. All sober and mature and responsible and not a bit of fun. Sometimes it's the pits being an adult, but then, it's nice to have a car, a place to live, and retirement.
    Donna