Frugal Village Forums banner

Do you have more online friends than friends in real life?

3K views 23 replies 24 participants last post by  Ellise 
#1 ·
I have way more friends online than I do in "real life". I wish that I could be with my online friends, but it's so neat that I even have so many from all over the country to begin with.

#2 ·
Oh definately more online friends. I don't have any real life friends... other than relatives.

#3 ·
Gosh I thought I was the ONLY one with more online friends than rl friends!!

Does it feel strange to admit that?? It does to me. I often wonder about this.

#8 ·
You ladies are my online friends! I am very thankful for this village and all the wonderful friends I'm making here.

Other than you, I only have 1 girlfriend and I'm beginning to wonder about her. She hasn't answer the last 8 emails I sent her in 2 months!

#10 ·
Thanks good ol mrscornbread, i like you too..... you ladies are my friends and I do consider you "Real Life " friends.........
Clint Eastwood is my make believe friend...... hehe

#11 ·
I have a lot of real life friends but I feel closer to my Village friends than to my RL friends. I have more in common here and I feel like I can come here and discuss anything here and y'all will understand. I really appreciate everyone here.

#13 ·
i definately have way more online friends and i wish they all lived right down the road..... love you guys.. you are the best

#14 ·
much more online friends. I really don't hvae any friends here. the friends i do have i have to contact online as i don't live near any of them. I have people i talk to in "real life" but, here in colorado that i can call friends. I don't make friends easily. But the friends i have made are friends that i have been friends with for very very long time.

#16 ·
More online for me, too. All of my local "real world" friends fall into two categories: friends from work, and friends that I've had since either high school or college. It takes me a while to make friends, but, I sure keep them forever once I've made them! ;)

#18 ·
I have more IRL friends. I feel like I have a ton of acquaintances online, some of whom would probably be my "real life" friends if I lived anywhere near them. I have some online people with whom I have clicked and feel like we could get together and it wouldn't feel at all like I was meeting someone new.

#19 ·
More real life friends....I have a few people that I have met on-line that I stay in email contact with. I don't share much of myself on-line because I am a private person and this is still the world wide web so I don't want my life "out there". There are some really great people on this board, but because I am not posting details of my life on the boards, I feel I am not as close to everyone here as others are. I enjoy reading the posts and getting to know people on-line and participating in the boards. This is a great board and I wish that I could get to know everyone better and definitly meet some of you all in person.

#20 ·
Most definitely! I really only have a couple of friends that live here in the same area as me. One I have nothing in common with other than we both homeschool so she kind of drives me nuts to be honest. LOL She is not frugal in the least and cringes at the thought of going to yard sales or thrift stores. My other friend is very into yard sales, thrift stores, etc. but she can be very critical sometimes (I truly believe she doesn't mean to be, but she is always telling me what I'm doing wrong from my gardening to raising ds).

I have more in common with my online friends!

#23 ·
I think I'm about 1/2 & 1/2. I have a lot of RL friends and some really great online friends and several acquaintances online as well. I sort of ditto what Corny says about privacy...I tend not to share very much online.......:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.