creative minds needed- laptop skin frugally?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default creative minds needed- laptop skin frugally?

my 13 yo will be getting a hand me down laptop computer for christmas. ( she will be 14 in december )

i want to girl it up a bit ( its a plain black dell that i had bught my dh for work from home / out on road reasons 2 years ago and work gave him one a few months ago for work- so basically a free christmas gift - she likes to write stories songs and plays and this will be perfect for that also ) in fact anything that makes it less recognizeable as her dads old one the better ( which i will tell her where it came from if she asks - but i dont want her to say when she sees it christmas AM - ohh thats dads old one LOL)

i got a nice dell sleeve for 7.xx shipped on clearance for protecting it when not in use but i was looking at skins etc and the prices are a bit crazy . 20 and up .

i dont want to just do plain small stickers and make it look too kiddie or cheap .

i would like to do whatever i do for under 10$ .

does anyone know of anyplace that sells skins cheaply -i wonder if a craft store would have any kind of design your own kit that i could use a 50% off coupon for ??

wouldnt want anything permanent something that could come off like a skin etc

thanks !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

MY DD actually copied and pasted a picture (anime Alice in Wonderland) from the computer and printed it on to a sheet of photo paper to fit the laptop. She glued it so it's rather permanent but here's a link to how to making one that is not as permanent: Laptop skin. I also found links to some adhesive vinyl printing paper products(such as this :Inkpress Adhesive Vinyl - 8.5x11" - 20 Sheets AV851120 -), but they all seem pretty expensive . Good luck!
    ~ Michelle

Wife to DH--
    Mom to DS--
    and DD--

Avatar picture of cactus flower in bloom taken southeast side of San Antonio-May, 2013
    Mortgage -- $36,472.81

----------------------
    "The time to save is now. When a dog gets a bone, he doesn't go out and make a down payment on a bigger bone. He buries the one he's got." --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks !!! my mind is still trying to think or cheap ways LOL i do check the clearance areas whenever in staples and target for a good deal also .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You could buy a full page label, a lot like what you would buy for address labels etc and print a design on it. If you want a little better quality you could even take it to a color copy place with the file/photo you want printed. For the image you might want to try a free clip art/photo site like sxc.hu (that's the actual address, looks weird I know). The better resolution images will make the quality a lot better than if you just grabbed something off a random website.l

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I wonder if decorative window clings would work?~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amazon often has skins for about $10 - here's a link to a pink one: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001H079E2/ref=asc_df_B001H079E21205995?smid=A3DKVTE19TIOE9&tag=shopzilla_mp_1350-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B001H079E2"]Amazon.com: Laptop Notebook Skins Sticker Cover H365 Pink Decal (Brand New with 2 FREE touch pad decals): Office Products@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DMAXU7D0L.@@AMEPARAM@@41DMAXU7D0L[/ame]

I got a girl pirate bumper sticker for mine but I'm not a teenage girl and therefore much easier to impress ha ha.

Congrats on the cool (free) gift!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

christmas tree shop ad that came yesterday had laptop stickers for 1$

so i went by on my way to the vitamin shoppe and grabbed 2 diff designs.

i figure i can probably remove them, they look like the type of stuff you can put on and later peel off if not i think it would be easy to clean any residue of top of laptop .

so problem solved for 2$ - woo hoo !!