Frugal Village Forums banner

Have you heard of Melaluca?

883 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  2ndGenGranola 
#1 ·
I just heard of these products and was wondering if anyone else has heard of them?

#3 ·
Yes I have a friend who use to sell them but they are very expensive and you can most times find other closely related products to what they are selling for much cheaper. She wanted me to become a person who sold too and I said no way. Don't like to sell stuff. Hope this helps.

#5 ·
ditto RUN!!!

They claim to be healthy but are no better than store products.
Their salespersons are the clingiest of all MLM's I've ever encountered!

#6 ·
I was sucked in to this several years ago. I agree, run far and fast. There are a few people at the top of the food chain that make a ton of money but it is a few out of thousands. I really did like thier products but to be a customer and get special pricing ( which is very high) you have to place a minimum order every month of like 70.00. Maybe that has changed but that is how it used to be.
They will tell you that they have leads that you can call and that these people are already interested. Well, half of them yell at you or hang up on you so I am not sure how they determined that they were ever interested in the first place. I am not a hard sell kind of person though. This is just my opinion. I am sure others have their own.

#7 ·
We were sucked in for a few months, years ago...the products are fine, but they are WAY overpriced...WAY. And you can make your own, earth friendly, home-healthy, products with baking soda, etc. for a teency percent of the cost.

And if they try to tell you that Melaluca oil is SO much better than tea tree oil, just ignore them. There are forms of tea tree oil that are actually higher grade than Melaluca (and vice versa, for that matter...just like most things).

Run...just run...

#8 ·
I have to agree with everyone else. While I did like a few of their products, they were way overpriced. My dad sold this product a few years ago :(

#9 ·
Thank you so much for all of the replies!! I am not looking to sell, but was interested at the highly concentrated laundry soap and some vitamins. I do clean with baking soda and white vinegar and won't stop doing that. I'm basically trying out the products and keeping track of the cost and seeing if it comes out the same or less from what I already spend.

So far, I really like the laundry soap! We are trying the vitamins, which we would normal buy from GNC. The gal that introduced us to the products is a friend and I know she needs the money, so I'm giving it a shot. I told her up front not to count on my to sell a thing though. I will see how it goes from here.

#10 ·
I have a co-worker that is a 'member'. She usually makes her quota every month by selling to all of her co-workers. Once in a while, I will buy the Renew hand lotion. It is by far the best I have every used. I love Bath and Body Works for the smell, but for skin repair or dry hands - Renew is the best. I will not buy any of their other products because I can get them cheaper elsewhere. I did try their vitamins, but they made me sick. I could not take them and had to trash them. This is just my experience with them. You may tolerate them better than I did.

#12 ·
I did try their vitamins, but they made me sick. I could not take them and had to trash them. This is just my experience with them. You may tolerate them better than I did.
FWIW -- Unless you know there is something bad in the vitamin, stick with it for a couple months. Often when the body needs what is in the vitamin, you will get sick (tummy issues, aches like flu, run down feeling...) before you get better esp if the vit is a multi or a type of B. Sometimes you have to take smaller doses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.