Frugal Village Forums banner

Not wanting to let 2010 go yet

Tags
2010 wanting
1K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  gottadance 
#1 ·
I know at midnight that 2010 will end and 2011 will begin but for some reason I'm not ready to let go of 2010.

I normally am very excited for the new year to come but I'm not ready to let go of 2010. Don't know why.

#2 ·
I felt that way a few days ago. Every time I have to start writing a new year in my dates, it is a reminder of the passage of time and how I could have/should have used that time more wisely. It is sad to let go and admit that time will march forward, whether you are ready or not.

#3 ·
2010 was an extraordinary year for me. i hope 2011 is just as good.

#4 ·
I am hoping 2011 will be a better year for us. I am always sad to see another year pass....it means I am getting older! :thud:

Reactions: imagine
#5 ·
I'm ready for life to SLOW DOWN. Maybe that's what you're feeling.

The years rush by so fast, now that I'm older. ;)

#10 ·
I think its a age thing. Seems like the last few years im like what happen to the year.I can remember being 35 and thinking wow and now im 42 and i think OMG another year gone.

#14 ·
Like writtenonmybody the year 2011 could not come fast enough for me, so ready to put it behind us and look forward to all the possibilities of 2011.

#17 ·
I'm apprehensive about it. My second (and last) daughter turns 18 in the upcoming year and I turn "the big 40" just a couple of months earlier than her birthday. Its just going to be an interesting situation. She'll graduate in May, will still be 17, still doesn't know what she wants to do. If she moves out at 18 then I'll understandably lose child support, its all just a very apprehensive feeling. (I haven't had child support since March 2010 but its the knowing it will be gone "forever" that feels weird)

I also feel like the pressure will be on from the BF to move to him now that I wont have the kids as an excuse to stay. Ok I'm done thinking about 2011, its coming whether I want it or not.

#18 ·
2010 has been a wonderful year. Time is slipping by too quickly. My little baby girls are growing up and my parents and grandparents are getting older. I try not to think about it but it gets to me sometimes. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about it.

#20 ·
krbshappy71 said:
I'm apprehensive about it. My second (and last) daughter turns 18 in the upcoming year and I turn "the big 40" just a couple of months earlier than her birthday. Its just going to be an interesting situation. She'll graduate in May, will still be 17, still doesn't know what she wants to do. If she moves out at 18 then I'll understandably lose child support, its all just a very apprehensive feeling. (I haven't had child support since March 2010 but its the knowing it will be gone "forever" that feels weird)
We sorta have something in common. I turned 40 the same year my DD hit 18, a month a part. My DD is a senior now and have those thoughts about losing child support and all. Luckily she is going to a community college for starters on her nursing degree, but I never asked for the full amount of child support that was entitled to me. :)(I have major issues with child support laws and usually take up for the guys.) But as long as she lives here and going to school, I'll receive it for a little bit longer. :) But yea, it will be so weird when she officially moves out and I can no longer have a check that I've been so used too all these years!

#21 ·
I totally get the time slow down thing - the older you get time just whips by. For me, however, the last few years have not been great - unsuccessful infertility treatments and now on an adoption waiting list - for 16 long, long months. I wouldn't mind if it was still 2010 - if I'd gotten my baby. LOL But there were some good things in 2010, financially got back on my feet after the initial adoption agency costs, was able to afford to get some stuff done around my house that I'd put off for years. But all in all, yes, ready for 2011.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.