Frugal Village Forums banner

Regarding 2011 Challenges

718 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  druthb00 
#1 ·
2010 Challenges will slowly be unstickied over the next few days. You'll (anyone) want to create new challenges for 2011. I'll keep the old challenges to serve as a reminder of the challenges members might want to continue working on in 2011.

Also, as a reminder, personal challenges should be blogged
Frugal Village Forums - Blogs . The challenge forums are for group challenges (people working together toward similar goals).

#2 ·
Thanks, Sara!!

Is there a way to set up my home page to show the new blog entries again? They used to be at the top of the forums, and it always reminded me to read everyone's blogs. Now that you have to go to the blog button, I always forget to check. :(

#5 ·
Let me talk to Sir Gabe. It was turned off because it was slowing things down for many members. :( I'll see what his thoughts are. I agree with you and would like it visible. We have feeds from the main site to the blogs that are set to be viewed, but nothing but a link here on the forums.

We've been on the fence on updating the forums to the latest version or partnering with another company and using their proprietary software. Neither are options I really want. :(

#6 ·
I'm all for condensing. In fact, I'd love to condense many, many things on the forums (and usually do once or twice a year), but have found that our search isn't working as well as it should and it gets harder to find things when things are condensed. I know having separate challenge forums seems odd when we have the same topical categories, too. But it really does make it easier and it's hard to appreciate it until it's the other way and a jumbled mess.

But...I do plan on condensing some things, or at the very least, organizing things better. This place is overwhelming for new people and can be frustrating for longstanding members. I need a starting point, steps and/or a walk-through tour type overview and better organization, so people are not hesitant to jump in and not frustrated.

Reactions: chevy_chick95
#4 ·
:bump: If anyone wants to start new 2011 challenges based on old 2010 challenges, now is the time before they are unstickied. Not that anyone can't start them at any time. But if you want to see previous challenges topics and continue them for 2011, they are there now, but 2010 will be unstickied soon.

#7 ·
2010 Challenges will slowly be unstickied over the next few days. You'll (anyone) want to create new challenges for 2011. I'll keep the old challenges to serve as a reminder of the challenges members might want to continue working on in 2011.

Also, as a reminder, personal challenges should be blogged
Frugal Village Forums - Blogs . The challenge forums are for group challenges (people working together toward similar goals).
Thanks for the reminder. I didn't know that (read: didn't bother searching for the info....tee hee) and I plan on starting my own challenge soon :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.