Frugal Village Forums banner

Heads up about Shoprite

850 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kimmy4433 
#1 ·
Nothing major just thought you might want to know. Today I did my weekly grocery shopping trip to Shoprite. After checking out I realized I did not use a coupon. I decided to go to the customer service area to see if I could get my $1 back with the coupon. The woman at the customer service desk said that it was fine. But apparently from now on people can only get their money back if they forgot to use their coupon(s) during checkout immediately after checking out. Meaning it needs to be done in the same time period. She said they were having to many problems with coupon fraud. Apparently people were coming back after going home or days later with coupons and their receipts.

This is the first time I went to customer service to see if I could still use the coupon. It is a shame that the store needs to crackdown more with the policy but I also thought they could say no period to coupons!

#2 ·
It is horrible what people will do to try to save money. having fake coupons, using coupons days later, etc. In your situtation you went right away, and it should not have been a problem. If asked you couldhave returned the item & then repurchased it with the coupon, no big deal.

Hopefully coupon fraud does not get out of hand so that people like us can continue to benefit from them!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.