Frugal Village Forums banner

Bloggy resolutions

675 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ncarr 
#1 ·
So for my new year resolution I want to get back on my blog and make it more efficient and maybe make some money from it.

It's mainly just to keep me in check with my financial/frugal/green lifestyle. But I could use some feedback.

Anyone who has a functioning blog, please check mine out and let me know if you have any tips for improvement. I'm having the HARDEST time with Google adsense (keeps telling me my account isn't activated, tried to deactivate it and make a new one blah blah blah)

So here is is Our Little Green...

Thanks!

#2 ·
how do you make money with a blog?

Good luck with your blog. I let mine slide a lot last year. i am hoping to turn that around this year too.

#4 ·
With ads. And I've also gathered by getting involved with Blogher.
If I figure it out...I'll let you know.

#5 ·
Anyone who has a functioning blog, please check mine out and let me know if you have any tips for improvement. I'm having the HARDEST time with Google adsense (keeps telling me my account isn't activated, tried to deactivate it and make a new one blah blah blah)

So here is is Our Little Green...
I think your blog looks pretty good from a content standpoint, but it could use some formatting help. The text seems a bit squished into the pictures, and font, background and layout could use some buffing. You might also want to consider using slightly bigger pictures.

There are a ton of free blog templates out there. Are you using a blogging service or doing it on your own?

My blog is almost 2 years old and it took awhile to nail the formatting, photos, and content. Once I nailed that, my following really grew.

If you're not already using it, consider using Google Analytics. It can help you understand what type of content is most interesting to your users, what's driving traffic to your blog, and how much traffic you're actually getting.

If you're interested, you can take a look at my blog here: www.sageandsimple.com

I can't get adsense to work either, but I'm woking on it because I get a lot of traffic and it would be a nice additional income stream.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.