Frugal Village Forums banner

omg! omg! omg!!!!!!!

Tags
omg
2K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  Jenny WC 
#1 ·
my husband george just came back from our credit union.

we have a capital one visa that upped our percent to 17. we have been paying it since may and shame on us, just caught it now. thy said they sent us a letter to let us know. we don't remember getting it...but.....? so he said no way is he paying that and he will look elsewhere. they lowered it to 10 percent. we decided to see if we could get better.

george went to our credit union this am as he called yesterday for what they had. well, he walked in today and the manager came out and told him that if there was a reward for this he should get it. are you ready for this? our credit score is 798!!! she said we had the highest score from not only our credit union but from all of their branches!! we wanted a 10,000. limit she said we could have 30,000 if we wanted or practically anything we wanted. omg!!!!

i am sooooo surprised and proud.............after all i am the one that makes sure the bills are paid.....my job if you will for the last 20 years. some one of you may have better than me........but just give me this moment to strut like a peacock. we got it for 5.99 percent for one year and 6.99 after that........omg!!!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Strut like a peacock and crow like a rooster!! Congrats!! and mahalo for sharing too!!

Reactions: rosey7415
#5 ·
Great Job! Many blessings to you this New Year!

#6 ·
Strut, strut, strut. If you have to have a credit score, being at the top is the place to be!

#11 ·
Awesome job! You are an inspiration to me and I am sure many others on this board!

#17 ·
Good for you! Talk about disgusting predatory lending practices! CC companies are trying to make money where they can; they can sweep in a boatload before people realize what is happening. I think Capital One is a top offender.

You were on it. Awesome!

#18 ·
Way to go! You have every right to be proud of yourself!

#19 ·
Yk, with that credit score, you might be able to get something better than 5.99 with a different co. Credit Unions are great, but they have much higher interest rates than other institutions. Of course, they will probably not jerk you around, or up the interest to 17% if you blink.

#25 ·
That's awesome!

#26 ·
thank you all for sharing in my excitement and surprise. :):):):)

we knew that we had good credit about 4 years or so ago when we bought our car. the guy said we had "good" credit. we asked for our number but he wouldn't give it to us and we didn't push it as it didn't really matter as long as we could get the car. lol

so this came as a big surprise to us, as we had no idea that it was that good....lol

now i see that under my post is an advertisement for credit reports...lol 750-840 is excellent. ( i never knew exactly the ratio, but knew it was 800ish.) so, my question is........is this under there to challenge me?.............roflmao!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.