How much did your check change?

Tags
change check
2K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  amyd 
#1 ·
With that new change in SSI from 6.2% to 4.2%

The old check. Federal with $127.99/SSI $137.75
The new Check Federal with $146.62/ SSI $92.85

The SSI went down the right amount from 6.2 to 4.2 but then the Federal tax went up $18.63. About half of what the extra was supposed to be.

Figures. They are gonna snatch it all back anyway. Why even do it to begin with.

#2 ·
my pay differs each week based on the # of pts i see and if its an admission a recertification or a regular visit so i really have no idea - toss in staff meetings and / or inservices at a diff pay rate and i never really know what my check will be

i will have to wait until the 15th and see how dhs check looks when he gets it he is paid bimonthly on the 15th and 30th.

Reactions: jas
#5 ·
I haven't received a paycheck in 2011 yet due to the way our pay schedule falls. I'll let you know next week. :0)

HR did send a memo out stating that most employees should see a slightly higher check but the employees (police/firefighters) that don't pay into SSI due to their pensions may see a decrease in the their paycheck.

#7 ·
I wonder if that is because the Federal Tax will go up?

If you remember post the change in your check when you get it.

Thanks

#8 ·
Thanks, did you notice if just the SSI went down or did one go down and the other go up. Just curious. Thanks again.

#13 ·
Thank you so much for the explaination! It was driving me nuts. Now it makes sense.

#11 ·
oh that would be wonderful if my check went up...

i am the only one who gets a paycheck in my household so of course we are POOR... so maybe i will see a little difference in my paychecks...its funny how just a few dollars makes a difference....

#12 ·
i am the only one who gets a paycheck in my household so of course we are POOR... so maybe i will see a little difference in my paychecks...its funny how just a few dollars makes a difference....
I hope you do see a difference! With the little bit extra in Dh's paycheck I am using it to go towards the stockpile. Not much but every bit helps. I would rather pay todays prices than the price a few months from now, whatever that will be. Unless prices were to go down! Not likely.

#16 ·
It went up by 70.00.... don't ask...sigh.... I figured it out they had only put a few dollars to the Fed withholding. Somehow when they reduced it to 4.2 from 6.2% HR must have put their percentage figure in wrong. Great next check should be interesting...LOL When I called them they had said a few others had noticed the error and called as well.

#18 ·
Remember the SSI break is only for 2011. So next year it will go back up. Remember your Federal Tax is different depending on what you claim for dependents and married or single on your W-4.

We have a local tax that we pay 1 time one the first paycheck of each year. So I lost $75 for that this pay.

#19 ·
I get my first 2011 check Monday and I am fortunate enough to see a 10% salary increase, starting with this check. I doubt I will be able to figure it all out and will just hope for the best.

#20 ·
One of our check's today netted us a gain of $0.58.
FH went up 7.40.
SS went down 7.98.

I really can see how the 58 cents will help us stimulate the economy (what a joke!).

#21 ·
I won't receive my first check of the year for another week and a half but I'm looking forward to a little extra in it!

#24 ·
I get paid my first check next week. I hope to have more money. (who wouldn't) lol.
I just hope I can save more this year. Regardless of what they do about the taxes, it won't help us with the rising cost of gas. If they lower that to 99 cents a gallon, I could really stimulate the economy by spending more elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.