Frugal Village Forums banner

Alright folks, I'm ready

799 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  The Muse 
#1 ·
Three months ago I left my husband. An awesome provider, a good dad, a super grandpa... but a “not so good” husband. We have gotten along better this past month than we have since before we married. The divorce has been filed and it's time to move on.

I've been a member of frugal village forums for a couple years, but mostly a lurker.... occasionally posting. I love all the hints, tips and advice that is available here. I've already begun to use some of them.... thinking ahead for meal planning, not eating out as much, etc....

I'm getting excited about trying a couple of the challenges I've seen here.... I've saved my change the past couple years anyhow for Christmas with my family, but some of the other challenges are inspiring me to be more frugal and less wasteful.

{hugs}:hug2:
Jamie

#2 ·
Change can be good but sorry things didn't work out for your family with your children(s) Dad.
Glad you have decided to become more involved here, it sure is a lot more fun than lurking.
Wishing you good things as you move on to a fresh new start this new year.

#4 ·
Jump in and become involved in the challenges. You are emabrking on a new journey and what a better way than to add being frugal in the mix. Sorry about the divorce...those are always difficult no matter what the circumstances.

#6 ·
I've been where you are, except I don't have any kids, and these forums have helped me more than I can even say. The help and support here was invaluable to me. I wish you luck with the new chapter in your life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.