Frugal Village Forums banner

Me Complaining earns me a gift card

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Nana2two 
#1 ·
Well I'm not the type to complain. But yestersday My daughter and i had to go in to town 50 miles away. While I was there i decided to shop at Hy-vee , Never been to this one,it opened up a few months ago. So before i left i scanned the online add and found some great deals. So halfway through my shopping stopped at the meat department looking for the pork roast that was on sale.BOGO The store is set up kinda strange. I see the butcher counter next to that is all the beef, picked up some ground beef ect. A lady came out stocking the beef area. I said excuse me mam, Im sorry could you tell me where I might find the BOGO roast. She looked at me threw the hamburger aside and said "In the pork department" said with a nasty attitude. My daughter is like wow you can tell she didn't want to be bothered. She didnt even direct me to it. She said its around the corner. Im like ok. At that point im like ok time to get the pork roast and just leave.
When i got home, the more i thought about it the more i thought you know her attitude stunk. So working retail myself in the past my manager always if you complain to the store manager 75% of the time the problem is not taken care of.To call corperate.So i emailed them last night. By 7am today i recieved a email. By 9am i had the store manager calling me. Told them everything. He said he knew it was. Said he was sorry and it would be taken care of. He also said you will be getting a $100 gift card in the mail. Happy dance. It wasn't something I was thinking about. He said up to 90% of customers do not make a complaint even thought its deserves to to be taken care of. He said that means things continue.I don't shop at this certain store chain because they are high. I do however think there meats on sale are great when on sale and bogo. They don't double. So i just used my don't double on a few items that were on sale.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think it's important for businesses to know when they have an especially rude employee. The kindness and helpfulness of their employees are their bread and butter. Without them, they lose customers.

The one thing I think about in situations like this is, was she just having a bad day. Then I think to myself, in my work place when I'm having a bad day the last thing I do is take it out on my co workers or customers. I'm reminded there is no excuse for rude behavior.

So, good for you for bringing it to their attention.. and wow... $100 gift card! That's unheard of!

#3 ·
I think it's important for businesses to know when they have an especially rude employee. The kindness and helpfulness of their employees are their bread and butter. Without them, they lose customers.
Working in retail management, I totally agree. I also think that we need to remember the employees that DO show exemplary behavior...and report those as well! I try to alert the management when an employee goes out of their way to offer me great service, as such service is often a dying art, lol.

#4 ·
Now last weekend I call Toys r us headquarters to report a fantastic gal she went above and beyond helping me. I live 50 miles away from toys r us and she helped me over the phone search for those Lego fun factory for my grandsons birthday. She said the computer was showing 5 on the floor but none was on the floor.She called me back 20 minutes later to tell me she located the ones I needed and she would hold them for me. Thats great service.

#5 ·
Good for you. I normally don't complain either but lately it seems customer service just stinks. I have emailed 2 different restaurants in the last few weeks. I heard from 1 but not the other.

The last one I emailed about...I used my debit card to pay for my families meal, added a tip directly to it, wrote it down in my checkbook just like I do a check only I add a D for debit next to it. I'm not rich so I have to keep up with every penny I spend. Well I got my checks/debits/deposit papers last week and discovered that someone had added another 5 dollars as a tip on top of what I had already added. Just imagine if they are doing that to everyone's who are paying with debit/credit cards. It would add up during the day.

#8 ·
We had the same problem. We went to eat where my daughter use to work. They charged us once without the tip and then once with a tip. I called they corrected it.

#6 ·
Wow they really went all out, $100 gc is awesome! Good for you!

#9 ·
$100 is a huge gift card. It makes me wonder if the manager was just waiting for someone to complain about this employee to have cause for whatever action he wanted to take. This was probably not an isolated incident, but sometimes you need something really concrete and specific like a customer complaint to pin the reprimand or other disciplinary action to.

But however that is, good for you! I rarely complain about employees, even when they deserve it, but occasionally it's just too much.

#12 ·
I don't ever complain about most workers. But she was just totally rude. Customer service is Important to me.Tell me alot how a store is ran and if they keep up with training . I can say one store that does have fantastic service is kroger. Been shopping with them for around 6 years, Never have I once ran into a problem with workers.

#13 ·
Wow I did get that girft card!He said $100 it was a $75 Im thrilled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.