Frugal Village Forums banner

I can't believe it.... :)

926 views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  pinetree 
#1 ·
it finally happened! I got a real live part time job!!! Yep its true. Its a merchandising job for Burpee flower/vegi seeds. Its p/t seasonal really but its a job! Right now I am SUPER busy setting up the store displays....worked a 9 1/2 hr day yesterday:coffee3: I feel so blessed. Found it on Craigslist...had a phone interview last Tuesday and was hired @ the end of the call! Met with my district manager Saturday, filled out my paperwork and got paid the whole time, saw what the displays look like(she hoped we could set up but they were done) so Monday I set out on my own and setup 4 stores! 2 hrs from home :) I have a total of 28 stores. They pay mileage and hourly even while I drive. Mileage alone was $55 yesterday can't beat it. I also had an interview Saturday for a server position at a soon to open restaraunt...they said my application stood out from the rest...I had attached my resume and a reference letter which they said they thought was great :)
Just had to share with one of my biggest support systems...my frugal family!!

Reactions: nuisance26
#3 ·
CONGRATS!!!

I'm still throwing applications around. I need to get serious about this.

Reactions: mom23boyz
#10 ·
Congratulations!

#12 ·
just be careful to not take on too much to far from home! I got drug into that and ended up spending money to work, i didnt make enough back in the drive time and mileage to pay for the extra far away stuff. Congrats tho. I have done merchandising work for over 15 years and i love the making my own schedule!

#15 ·
just be careful to not take on too much to far from home! I got drug into that and ended up spending money to work, i didnt make enough back in the drive time and mileage to pay for the extra far away stuff.
Yeah thats a MAJOR concern for me! If I have to actually drive my car(Excursion)I'll be paying to go to work out that far but if I can go when I have DH car(Civic) its ok. Problem is he's only off Sundays and Mondays so...I have to go spend all day Monday and I wasn't able to finish so I have to drive back out today when he gets home @ 1:30 I probably won't be home til 6:30 or 7 now THIS kinda time away from home and the kids....is why I only wanted P/T. The ad I responded to said "my area" it didn't mention these other towns an hr + away. I am greatful to have a job....but the distance may become an issue unless I get another smaller car but that won't be until at least next summer I'm sure!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.