Frugal Village Forums banner

new member local volunteer FD

865 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  mek42 
#1 ·
I was voted in to my closest VFD Monday. (I live in a professional fire district, the VFD is the next closest district - some of the members live down the street from me.) I was issued turnout gear today and will be put on the roster after having a physical done. This is good timing as my wife and I need a new doctor, the place we were looking to go is accepting new patients and at least one of the nurses there is also a member of the VFD.

As an aside, should we have a community service forum? (Do we have one and I was too blind to see it?) I really didn't know where to put this thread.

After receiving my basic training, I plan on exploring how it would be to also volunteer on the county hazmat response team. :)

#5 ·
How wonderful! I love our local volunteers. Way to go on helping your community!

#6 ·
Thanks for doing that!!!
Our former little town (population 532) had the national champion extrication team - a pro FF from Indy lived in our town, and whupped those guys into an amazing team. There is always some beat up crushed car out front of the station that they are working on at any given time.
You'll find it rewarding an so many ways.

#8 ·
Congratulations and thank you for your service. We live across the road from our VFD and they are amazing. We are in the country and I can't believe how quickly they respond to the alarm.

Cat

#9 ·
I am really proud of you guys for volunteering. What a wonderful way to help your community.

Volunteering is so very important to our lives and for the world.
Thank you.

#10 ·
You're most welcome. Reading your replies put a smile on my face during a crazy, stressful week. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.