Frugal Village Forums banner

Frustraing jeans dd in tears-- Update

998 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  cab54 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes found a pair of jeans! :dancing:

After you all told me about half sizes. I went and looked again. Walmart had half sizes. I guess I thought they were like shoe 1/2 sizes just a bit bigger but not as big as the next size. Anyway, I found very few and found one, only one, in her size. It has an adjustable waist with a sparkly purple butterfly on it. Jeans that fit and are officially girly. :dancing:
It looks a bit big to me in the waist and hips, length great but she says she loves them and says they are comfortable. $8 was the cost. Found some capris on the clearance rack for $3 that fit her like capri's.

I also checked out Jc penny's for the plus sizes. They verified that they do not carry them in our store so I ordered a pair on line shipped free to the store. According to the size chart they should fit. I hope so but returns should be easy if I need to.

Little Miss said I did awesome shopping today. She is currently singing and dancing around in her new pants with her new water bottle (leak free stainless steel something else we had been on the look out for as her backpack had been getting wet from her other water bottle)

Thank you everyone for you advice. I appreciate it very much. I might have never learned about half sizes and plus sizes for girls without you.

One happy girl and Momma

:dancing:

See less See more
Reactions: nuisance26
#2 ·
I am so glad you were able to get such great advice from the wonderful folks on here and find a pair of jeans that will work. I am sure your sweet Little Miss really appreciates you taking her back out and finding some cute girly ones.

Reactions: imagine
#3 ·
Yes, I am very grateful for the advice and support too.:grouphug:

I actually went without her while she was at school. Was able to take my time and investigate every nook and cranny. I brought home the jeans knowing I could return them if needed.

#6 ·
oh thats great news !!!

#7 · (Edited)
She is wearing her jeans today (we really had to cinch in the adjustable waist)

But she put on her jeans, styled her hair (ponytail), put on a necklace, and put on some clear lip gloss, all by herself without any prompting.

Far cry from the girl who was fighting brushing her hair lately.

I'm guessing she feels pretty in her new jeans.

One very happy momma and it appears one happy girl.

Oh and I forgot to add they are mainly made of organic cotton. That is a plus of my sensitive skin girl.

Happy dance all around!

#10 ·
I just wanted to say .. not sure what size or how old your daughter is but my daughter is in the middle of sizes too but found some great jeans at justice.com... there is a store here in iowa at williamsburg. She just loves thier cloths ..only for girls! And most weeks you can find a 40% off just for asking.

#12 ·
Wow, sounds like you got a great find! Perfect in every way! (organic) :rollsmile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.