Frugal Village Forums banner

Things you say (Just for Fun)

Tags
fun things
4K views 55 replies 44 participants last post by  ShadowMom 
#1 ·
What are some phrases or words that you say that if someone else said it, people would think of you?

I say:
"Bless Your Heart"
"Dad gum it!"
"Shoooot!"
"Good Golly"

How about you, do ya have some silly sayings?

#5 ·
Mad as a wet hen!

#7 ·
Chicken Little
Banana Ball
Kiss my big toe
"Lellow"

#8 ·
"It was a darrrrrk and stoorrrrrmmmy niiiighttt..."

I've said to my girls forever, they text it to me when it's dark and stormy out.

At work it's "Good times...Good times...." which usually means everything has fallen apart AGAIN.

Also a work one: "I get paid the same." It gets me through the worst, lamest, stupidist, or most difficult jobs. Because really, aren't we all paid to show up? So how can I complain about what I'm asked to do once I show up? I'm already paid!

#10 ·
Wicked...but for me, it's a Maine thing.

lately Ive been saying "WTF is all the toilet paper doing wrapped around the dog/toy/dining room chairs/ bunkbed?!"

:couch:

good thing I'm papered cuz I'm about to go bat-shi! crazy here in a second

mostly lately I have been reciting the serenity prayer, lol.

#12 ·
Awesome possum
Sometimes I worry about Zombies
When the Zombie apocalypse happens I am so ready
That was a hoot
Your just jealous because the voices don't talk to you
TARDIS stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space
Quit running around like a mad women

#13 ·
No
Just saying
Silly boy
One thing my daughter reminds me of is when im talking i say AND STUFF.

#16 ·
Fun for the whole family (i.e. not fun at all)
Save the pieces (whenever someone drops anything or there's a loud clunk or noise - my mom always said this)
'Sup? (this is a running joke between me and my sis from an episode of Friends where Joey is trying out for a part where he has to be a young hip teen and he keeps saying 'sup?)
That's crazy talk or That's sheer madness! (said facetiously about something that should be expected or simple or easily done but isn't - especially at work)
"Snoo?" (Inside joke between me and sis - one of us says Snoo and the other one says "what's Snoo" and the other says "nothing, what's Snoo with you? It's an old joke from Sesame Street.)
"Oh for God's sake!" (my mother always said this - she used it especially in the car and yes, I sometimes do, too!)

#19 ·
"Only boring people get bored. Interesting people find something to do."

Yep, my kids mouth this right along with me - however, they rarely complain of boredom - Mom is interesting - Mom can find something for them to do. Muah hahhaahahahaaaaa!

Reactions: cab54
#20 ·
'Criminy!'
I also say 'Geez o Pete!' , erinalexmom! LOL.
Called my kids 'stinky Pete' when they had a bad attitude.
'Whichamajiggy'
'kiss my grits'
'Joe mama'
'I gots nothin but love for ya, nothin but love'
'imagine my excitement'

#23 ·
-jeez louise
-oh good golly
-No, no Maggie!
-No touch Maggie!

-When something happens that I don't want to happen (i.e. dropping something), I tend to put my hands on my hips, look at it and say, "Really? REALLY?" I never noticed it until hubs pointed out Wesley doing the same thing.

#26 ·
I have quite a few.

~Crabbitz if anyone around me is grouchy.
~Lord, Jesus.
~Two tears in a bucket, m.f. it!! I usually just say two tears in a bucket and leave the rest off of it. It seems like I only say this about work related stuff. lol.
~How u Durrrriiiinnn?!! In my best Medea voice.

Thats all I can think of right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.