Frugal Village Forums banner

My Dog Died

Tags
died dog
3K views 44 replies 44 participants last post by  mom23boyz 
#1 ·
Well my 13 1/2 year old Golden, Lucy, died today. Actually we had her put to rest. Last night before bed she seemed perfectly fine. When I woke up this morning she was laying by the kitchen slider and couldn't stand up. We don't believe she could see and her hearing that was almost gone was gone too. Lucy responded some when we petted her, lifted her head up, but other than that she would look around and it was like she was looking at nothing.

We've had her since our son was 6 and daughter was 8. Now they are 19 1/2 and 21 1/2. It is very difficult.

We took Lucy to our local animal shelter. They laid her to rest at no cost and will call us when her ashes are ready (honestly, I don't know for sure if they will be her ashes, they said they will be but...). We will make a donation when we go pick up her ashes.

We will spread Lucy's ashes in our middle garden island where we have a swing, some chairs, a fire pit, bird bath, bird feeders, and plants. Lucy loved to lay on my hostas and break them. She also laid there while we lit a fire or worked on the plants.

Lucy will be missed!

See less See more
#5 ·
It is so sorry to lose a four legged membe of the family. I am so glad that you had her for so many years and hope that the memories will ease your pain in time.

Reactions: ravenmaniac
#6 ·
So sorry for your loss I've been through that it's rough! Had a 13 yrs old cocker spaniel who had cancer on her head a growth that smelled. We put her down was so hard to do but for the best.

#14 ·
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugz:

#17 ·
I'm sorry, big hug.

#21 ·
I'm so sorry, Carrie. Losing a pet is so hard. They are such a part of your life and family. HUGS.

#24 ·
I am so sorry for your loss...it is so ironic...last Saturday, I had to put my 13 yr old Golden, Casey..down too.. She was such a wonderful dog, she had lost all muscle tone in her rear end and could hardly walk without her legs collapsing. The last week , I had to go outside with her everytime to hold her backend up so she could go to the bathroom. Then she got to where she could hardly walk around in the house...last Wednesday, I knew it was time..although it killed me to make the decision. Friday was my birthday, and we put her down on Saturday, at 11:30....she was to be cremated at the vets and I will go this Saturday to get her remains.... I loved that dog so much, and will miss her dearly..I still have another Golden, Callie who is 9...she is missing her best friend... I so feel your pain....

#26 ·
I am so sorry for your families loss :hugz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.