Frugal Village Forums banner

Maybe more than a lil frustrated....

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mom23boyz 
#1 ·
so I started this new job as a merchandiser on 1/8/11 Let me begin by saying I reall enjoy the job and its great how well it works for my schedule. Here are my ...frustrations so to speak.....

Upon being hired I was told this job and 99% of all correspondence of it are done via email. If there is an urgent..right this moment issue go ahead and call me. Ok thats fine I am good with email based job and boss. HOWEVER...if I send an email regarding issues or questions I have as a new employee I would greatly appreciate a reponse to the questions. I feel like the email is being "skimmed" and all of my concerns are not being addressed.

I started 1/8 therefore should have been paid 1/14 but found out since my territory manager had been on a business trip since 1/3 NOONE was getting paid until she returned on 1/18 and pay days are Fridays(direct deposited) so actually we would be paid 1/22 ok thats fine HOWEVER my direct deposit yesterday was for 1/8 only. So my actual full week pay...which I REALLY needed didn't come through. So now I think I will be running payment wise a week behind forever :nopompom:

I spoke to her briefly yesterday while on a job and she said I would be getting paid and she would address my most recent email(from Thurs) but I have gotten no reponse and ended up sending ANOTHER email FULL of concerns when I got home. I swear once she answers these questions once I will be good to go...I won't ask them again. :)

Just needed to vent
Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
only thing i can say are what are her job duties.

i use to feel like i was talking to a wall sometimes but seeing the supervisors at work in the office made me realize why sometimes my questions were put to the side until later .

for you its a you and her situation - for her it could be 100 emails that your is just one of. i dont think i would have mailed her back the same day i spoke to her though .

#3 ·
Most of the companies I worked for were basically three weeks behind. It all depends on the pay period. Basically if you worked the first two weeks you would get paid on the third week.

You should have an employee handbook that should give you an idea when the start and end of a workweek is for where you work.

Most of the places I have worked at a workweek was Sunday thru Saturday.

#4 ·
I emailed her the same day I spoke to her mainly to remind her about the parts I needed to finish my store from Friday this the 2nd recall I have had to make to them and they are NOT happy!!! It took her 2 weeks to get a rack to them that she promised would be received in 3 days!

Work week is Sunday thru Saturday from what she said and paid weekly on Fridays. My only concern now is that my stub that came today says period from 1/8/11 thru 1/22/11 so I am missing a week. Whatever I am not asking questions anymore uinless I ABSOLUTELY have to. Time to just make executive decisions and wait for things to make sense.

Maybe in a way this no human contact with the company makes me a lil nervous thus my emailing SO many questions!

#5 ·
M23B - am so glad that you like your new job - and think that perhaps you are experiencing some normal new job frustrations.

Of course they/she should repsond to your concerns and questions in a timely manner. The good part about that is that at least there is a record of what you need to know.

Payroll for us is always two weeks behind.

Let us know what's happening - it's always good to vent.

#6 ·
I feel like the email is being "skimmed" and all of my concerns are not being addressed.
Oh, this annoys me too and it's SO common. People don't read. When they do, they don't comprehend what they read. I'm generalizing, of course, but sometimes you really need someone to just please read.:grrr:

If e-mail is the only way to communicate, then you shouldn't feel bad at all about asking as many questions as you need to. You're doing exactly what you should be doing. :thumb:

May I suggest that you use a bullet point on each question, a large font and the simplest, clearest language you can. Personally, I'd write any e-mails to her at the elementary school level. Not to be insulting to her - just to make it easier for her to read and respond if she's reading when she's tired/ill/upset, etc.

Good luck and keep venting as needed. :)

#7 ·
May I suggest that you use a bullet point on each question, a large font and the simplest, clearest language you can. Personally, I'd write any e-mails to her at the elementary school level. Not to be insulting to her - just to make it easier for her to read and respond if she's reading when she's tired/ill/upset, etc.

Good luck and keep venting as needed. :)
In actually did start bullet pointing..elementary levels are next! Thanks for the ideas and support!

#8 ·
ahh so they are not providing what you need and letting you look bad in front of the real people you get to deal with .. lovely .
Do any of the placxes you go to mention who was there before you ( if there was ) and if they left after so long a period .

I Know one person i work with will just do stuff but not email em back to say it was checked or done - like i have ESP-- i like to cover my butt and KNOW they read my email and are doing something - i started to send emails to her with return receipt so i know she got it and read it- so my butt is covered.

Reactions: mom23boyz
#9 ·
ahh so they are not providing what you need and letting you look bad in front of the real people you get to deal with .. lovely .
Do any of the placxes you go to mention who was there before you ( if there was ) and if they left after so long a period .
Yes I love getting the attitude from store managers!! She sent me an email assuring me she'd prioroty mail me the needed parts.
The other guy had the "route" for quite sometime but was sort of forced to retire because the route is my area plus an area about an hr away. He lived in the area an hr away and decided he wouldn't come out here anymore(hes an elderly man, one receiving clerk said he was like 100 yrs old..wow)....some of my stores here haven't been serviced since last yr. SOOOOO.....they advised him that just won't work so he had to retire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.