Frugal Village Forums banner

Still some good in the world!

Tags
good world
875 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  madkat2618 
#1 ·
There is a local website here, with local news, discussion boards, classified ads, etc. I was reading the message boards yesterday, and someone had posted a discussion called 'Making wishes come true', or something like that. Basically what she said was post any wishes you have, big or small, and maybe someone else on the board can help make it come true.
As of this morning, there were over 43 pages of posts! Some wishes were small, like books or movies to finish a collection, some were larger, like exercise equipment or furniture. Others were heart-tugging, like not being able to pay for a child's medicine, or the lady who couldn't afford a headstone for her baby's grave.
Believe it or not--tons and tons of these wishes are coming true, thanks to the generosity of the other members. Everyone who posts with a wish, seems to also post what they have to share as well. The lady who couldn't afford the medicine has had it paid for for two months, and the one who couldn't afford the headstone was contacted by the place that sells them, and they are donating one to her. It's absolutely amazing what is going on here! I always knew that people were good, but it's nice to see it front and centre!

They even did a piece about this on CBC radio, but unfortunately, I can't find it.

#2 ·
What a wonderful idea!! Bet this would work anywhere - bring out the best in people!!

#5 ·
What a fantastic board, people and the good that will come of it. Thanks so much for sharing!

#7 ·
Thank you for that post. You made me tear up. This is how God intended for us to treat each other. It's sad to see how some people find it easier to promote hate than put that energy into loving one another.

Cat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.