Frugal Village Forums banner

Ohio State Taxes

645 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Cricketlegs 
#1 ·
Last year DH and I had to pay on our state taxes for the first time. We couldn't figure out why but knew something must have changed so the state could recoup some of the tax-relief money we got on our paychecks.The same thing happened to several people we know. We filed our Federal online and joint because we got more back that way so we had to do the same for our state. Well this year DH figured all our taxes ahead of time and did both joint and married filing separate. If we file Federal married filing separate we lose $4. Then he figured our state both ways. Ummmm, if we file separate we get back almost $200. If we file joint we owe $80. They are not showing you this like they do with Federal. I know several people who found themselves paying for the first time last year. I'm sending them all a heads-up. We will never again file without researching all options. We usually file 1040EZ because we only have our income to report. Not anymore. The state can kiss my a$$$$$$.

Cat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.