Frugal Village Forums banner

Good Doggie

Tags
doggie good
1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  chowder 
#1 ·
Today my dog Annie and I were on a walk around town. When there was a dog on a chain in its yard barking at us. I thought no big deal...until it broke its chain and ran toward us!!! My heart was about to stop! Well my Annie is a small lab mix- a medium size dog (about the size of a border collie) and this was a big boxer! My sweet girl stood right between me and this other dog. She didnt growl, or bark, or bite but she held her ground. She just kind of stared the other dog down (she usually is friendly to other dogs,wagging her tail but she must have sensed my fear) and then the dog cried and ran away back into its own yard and never came near us again LOL
She got lots of love and "good girl" from me I can tell you!

#2 ·
What a sweet brave dog. I am so glad she was with you today. Its good you have given her lots of loving, boy she deserved it. Just relieved to hear you are safe.

#9 ·
She was making sure mom was safe. How wonderful! I can't wait til we can own dogs. My mother's 11lb chihuahua is the same way. She's very protective of their yard. Even if someone is on the other side of the street she will run back and forth barking. She LOVES to bark at HUGE dogs that could probly eat her in one bite.

#11 ·
Way to go Annie!

Good dog.

#13 ·
Aww brave girl!

My bloodhound, Daisy, sat behind me when our neighbor's dog approached noisily barking, tail up, being a jerk. Daisy had a totally opposite reaction than yours. She stayed in a sit behind me while I yelled at it to GO HOME. It was a real jerk, I scared it off and we went on our way. Apparently my dog is a:kitty: scaredy-cat.

#14 ·
What an awesome girl your Annie is!!
:hug2:

Aren't dogs wonderful...
:paw:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.