Frugal Village Forums banner

New Member introduction

892 views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  ilovechocolate 
#1 ·
I'm new here. This seems like the best forum with a frugal focus out there, so I am excited about participating in some of the challenges and sharing/learning new tips.

How did you hear about frugal village?
Google search.

What interests you here?
Frugality, frugal challenges, Dave Ramsey, envelope system, among other things

What will you contribute?
Not sure yet

Do you know any other members here?
No.

How many kids? Ages?
None.

Tell us about yourself.
I live in Portland, OR. I've become interested in Dave Ramsey's system for getting debt free. It seems like the simplest, easiest to understand system out there. I have student loans, and a few credit card and other debts that I have been ignoring for years, but now I am gradually starting to work the snowball and pay them off. My student loan is now out of default (due in part to a generous gift from family) and I have a manageable monthly payment. I've cashflowed a ton of dental work in the past year, and paid off an old utility bill from a previous apartment, and 2 old medical bills. Not much but now that I'm using the envelope system, I feel that I am getting a handle on my spending and 2011 will be great!

Do you own any pets?
Yes, we have one cat.

Occupation?
I work in customer service.

Married or single?
Married for 1 year!

Interests and hobbies?
I love reading, cooking, going for hikes, music, and movies.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi! Welcome to Frugal Village!

#6 ·
Nice to meet you, make yourself at home! :apple:

#8 ·
I am still getting acquainted with the forum myself, but it seems to have a lot of great tips. I am not in debt, yet... my husband and I have been fortunate thus far. BUT, we are getting ready to build a house, so that will be a large mortgage payment, and we are expecting our first child in 2 months, so I want to make sure to stay ahead of the game the best I can!

#9 ·
haha, oh goodness, I just realized what my signature is - sorry, I feel very repetitive now with what I wrote in my comment.

#12 ·
Hello and welcome!!
:welcome2:

#15 ·
New here too.

I guess I should of found this before now, but I hope late is better than never.

How did you hear about frugal village? lurking on the net

What interests you here? saving money,

What will you contribute? as much as I can when and where I can

Do you know any other members here? no

How many kids? I have 4 kids, 3 are in their 20's and one is still under 10 and living at home. I also have grandchildren and am expecting my first from my eldest daughter. (I am so PROUD of my babies)

Tell us about yourself.
My name is Michele and I am 44 years old, i had 3 kids with my first marriage who are now adults 2 married, and all living on own. I am SAHM right now to a 10 year old, have been doing this for most of my life, trying to live frugal.

Do you own any pets? 2 a cat and a gerbil I want a dog so bad, but they are costly, and well can't afford it. :(

Occupation? I have done it all, but right now, working for myself, making very little money.

Married or single? married.

Interests and hobbies? reading, and music and shopping (frugally) I also like a little gossip.

Looking forward to the future posts and hugs and way to go's.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.