Frugal Village Forums banner

Did anyone catch Supermarket Inc?

989 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Nana2two 
#1 ·
I watched it last night and it will air multiple times this week. It takes a look at what goes behind the scenes from a marketing perspective of how Supermarkets operate to entice you to shop their store.

News Headlines

#2 ·
I watched about half, but then had to turn the channel or I never would have gotten to sleep.

It was pretty interesting. I hope to catch the rest of it.

#3 ·
Yes I watched it, I thought it was very interesting.

#8 ·
YES!!! I found it very interesting...I mean alot of it we here on the Village already knew...not shopping at eye level, working the perimeter of the store, etc.

The thing that I thought about the most after watching it...how awesome would it be if Whole Foods & Wal-mart could come together (which we know will never happen...lol) and invent a good inbetween store.

Also the lady in New Mexico who is running the little corner grocery store that lets customers run "tabs" and delivers grocery orders.
How wonderful would that be if every little town had a store that would be willing to do that?

#10 ·
Someday I hope to see a Whole Foods store. It looks interesting and now that I have seen it on tv I know what people are talking about.

#11 ·
Our Wegman's has a very similar set up as the Whole Foods that they showed. The market place is beautiful with lots of seating so you can purchase a meal (salad bar, hot bars, pizza, subs, sushi, deli, etc) then find a table and enjoy the afternoon. The seating is also upstairs so you can sit along the cat walks and survey just about the whole store.

It is very pricey though but the quality of product and service is excellent. I'm able to find things there that don't exist in the local groceries. On occasions, my girlfriends will meet there for lunch instead of a restaurant. lol

#12 ·
Oh i missed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.