Frugal Village Forums banner

So much good news at the village lately

987 views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  forHISglory 
#1 ·
Bills are getting paid off, people are getting jobs (sometimes offers for more than one!!), custody battles are getting won for the best interest of the kids, villagers report being optimistic about the new year.

:congrats: to the villagers! I think its wonderful and very encouraging.

I hope to be among the good news bringers too soon.

#2 ·
It really is wonderful! Hoping that soon a post from you will be added to the bunch with even more good news. :hugz:

#3 ·
You know, that's the thing that brings me back here almost every single day - the optimism! Even in the most trying of circumstances, our fellow Villagers are there to help, encourage and sometimes with a not-so-gentle (but sorely needed) smack upside the head. It's all done with an eye toward help and progress.
Your post made me remember that - thanks!

#5 ·
What Mary said is very true - despite our dilemmas, we are all the type of people that make the best of it. I think that maybe our circumstances are not neccessarily better than that of the masses, but our outlook is.

Great post Missy - makes me think about how lucky I really am, despite my financial sinkhole. There's a roof over my head, food in our tummies and we have all of our needs met and a few of our wants.

#8 ·
Thanks, Missy, for pointing it out. I hadn't put it all together in my head until you posted it, but you are right! Woo hoo!! for those who are climbing back up in 2011, and for those who are still trying to find the first rung, don't give up!!

#9 ·
I miss Aug 2010 - Dec 2010 because I took 2 college classes, that nearly put me over the edge, and boy did I miss visiting FV. I am so glad I am back.

I enjoy reading everyone's posts and find many people here an inspiration.

I wish everyone the best. Keep working hard!

#11 ·
The positiveness if positively pervasive!! Really - I know that when I cannot get here for a day or two, I feel the difference. Starting my day off by checking in here is always a wonderful way to get centered and get a good start to each day!!

Reactions: Missy
#12 ·
Daisy, you might not know it but your story has really inspired me. You're so wise and handle your situation with such dignity. I just wanted to thank you for sharing what you're going through. I really admire your strength and character.

#13 ·
I have to agree that 2011 is really shaping up to be a great year. 2010 was full of such uncertainty for us. The start to this year has been much easier. I hope the rest of it can keep up ;)

#15 ·
Yes, Missy, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.