Frugal Village Forums banner

Strange Winter.

939 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Luv2BeFrugal 
#1 ·
Every winter I put out food on our deck for our feathered friends,and some furry ones too.We always get lots of visitors every year.This year is so different,as we have barely seen any.The Bluejays would come and scream and even tap on the window if there was no food out,this year food goes for days without being touched.I have seen deer once,thats it.
Has anyone else seen a decline in the wildlife?

#5 ·
Oh the deer are so beautiful! I love your picture, thanks for sharing. When I lived in the mountains I got so many deer, I miss them so. Your picture made my day. I am moving back....LOL

I get lots of birds in my yard, and haven't seen a decline persey but have many friends who have.

The blue jays are so cute and funny aren't they? I loved them in the mountains they always warned you if snakes were around. So funny when they want their feeders filled as well.

I am so glad you joined the board. I love your posts.

Reactions: chowder
#6 ·
Can I send you my birds? There're a ton of them out there, and my neighbor asked me NOT to feed them, cause she thinks it attracts raccoons.

#7 ·
No shortages here..........
I think they whisper to each other....bring friends...
the human keeps filling up the feeders :)
At this time of day, there are lots of small birds, dove, pair of cardinals, and a blue jay out feeding.
Earlier the hubby was within 8 ft of the female partridge waiting on him to fill the second feeder under the pine trees. Usually the pair is out there together feeding. We also have a pair of pheasants that feed under the feeder. A pair of rabbits. Not this year, but a few years back we had 16 wild turkeys daily visiting the feeder. One of the hens figured out how to get on the top of the feeder and feed her friends :)
We saw fox prints the other day out back checking out our chicken house. We have lots of wild critters.

#8 ·
We have seen way more birds than usual. One was at the homeschool window the other day begging for food. I've had to start saving my fruit/veggie scraps to throw into the yard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.