Frugal Village Forums banner

Snow storm!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
snow storm
2K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  Backtoreality 
#1 ·
#3 ·
We'll be digging out too. Hope it's not too icy and the power goes out. We are ready for just about anything but it'll be nice not having to run the generator if we don't have to.;)
Stay safe, plan ahead & pace yourself snow shoveling.

#4 ·
We are excited here! We haven't had hardly snow here in my part of Michigan. At least not in one storm. The kids have no school today due to the end of the semester. Then Wednesday they are already scheduled for a late start . They do them about once a month instead of half days for teacher training sessions and meetings etc. We are hoping it will get called off entirely since that is when we are expecting the worst of it. Tuesday into Wednesday. I can however, do without ice.

#6 ·
Yup, it's supposed to hit here too, up to 12" for us, 18" a little south of us.

I'm going over my emergency supplies this morning. Looks like the radio battery is dead....

#9 ·
Ahhhh, YankeeMom is my Kindred Snow spirit I see. One good snow wallop a year is fun I think. I did my running around today so tomorrow I just need to get the kids back and forth to school then we are hunkering down. DH will have to go to work still which I hate but he can take my car which is safer and has heat unlike his truck.

#11 · (Edited)
Now they* are saying we may get up to 30" by the time the long storm is finally over. Joy, not. Not a snow princess here.:D

* I was listening to the police scanner when I hear them reading this weather service bulletin over the air to inform their officers.

Reactions: NikoSan999
#12 · (Edited)
Now they are saying we may get up to 30" by the time the long storm is finally over. Joy, not. Not a snow princess here.:D
OH WOWWW!! ok I will keep quiet about our ice-y sleet-y MESS that we are getting today. I'll keep quiet about our below zero temps that will supposedly hit tonight. Just don't give me that snow to shovel.

(Loveland, CO) Here's a linky! Now that I check, it looks like its tapered off on extreme temperatures too, whew. http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Loveland+CO+USCO0246

#13 ·
We are getting something too, but I've been so out of it lately the only thing I know for sure is ice.

#14 ·
Sometimes they build it up as storm of the century and we don't get that much other times they say we'll only get a little and get hammered. Just have to prepare, wait and see & deal.

#15 ·
Grrr...unfortunately I have to go to work no matter how flippin' much it snows. I'm the closest person in my department to the dealership, lucky me.

We're expecting the "storm of the century" too.

I'm a misplaced Southern Belle that got dropped into Canada - snow is not my thang.

#16 ·
Yeah, I have to go in to work too...still, have good boots, great coat and mits, scarves, hats. etc., and lots of candles, flashlight and canned food. Also laptop and ipod and cell phone all being charged. Should be fine.

When is Spring?

#17 ·
Calling for a blizzard here and maybe 12 inches. Those drifts. That's a blizzard for us. Got plenty of food, TP, and beer for Russ if he wants to slide on down here. :D

Stay safe and warm everyone!

Reactions: Russ
#20 ·
Keep it down south and out east please!!!! We have so much, I don't know where we would put anymore!!

We did pick up the last few items today that we might need. So we are ready but I DON'T WANT ANY MORE!! :D

#25 ·
We are expected to get 18-24" of snow here! Not looking forward to it......I will be heading to the grocery store(I know, stupid idea, since it's going to be a mad house today) after work today to stock up on things to carry us through the next couple of days! The kids will have a snow day tomorrow, and I'm sure I will too...so we'll be snowed in...We usually don't lose power easily here, so I'm not too worried about it...but I am keeping my heat up on high...to keep the house warm just in case so hopefully it will retain some heat if the power does go out. We have plenty of blankets and candles. I will be stocking up on water, milk, bread, and some easy to make foods just in case!

#26 ·
We are under a Blizzard Warning now it's supposed to hit us around 1 pm today and heavier tonight! Glad I picked up my new glasses yesterday! My son has a 2 hrs delay this morning I think they should just close the schools now. Some are already doing that. Ours is usually last.

#29 ·
Power stayed on, the furnace is running pretty often. I get the day off. The roads are covered with a few inches of snow, its the ice and extreme cold temps that are the real danger here:
Larimer County, CO
412 AM MST TUE FEB 01 2011

Today ...Snow likely. Snow accumulation up to 3 inches. Highs 2 below to 12 below zero. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph becoming northeast. Chance of snow 70 percent. Wind chill readings 25 below to 35 below zero.

Tonight...Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of snow...mainly in the evening. Lows 20 below to 30 below zero.

Wednesday...Partly cloudy with a 10 percent chance of snow. Highs 6 below to 2 above zero.

Wednesday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows 12 below to 18 below zero.

Thursday...Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow. Not as cold. Highs 18 to 28. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Wind chill readings 10 below to 20 below zero in the morning.

Thursday Night...Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow. Not as cold. Lows 3 to 13.

#30 ·
We got hammered from 4 am to just before 10 am here.
When hubby left at 3:30 AM to go to work it was calm.
They have already made their first run with the plows but are looking at a second run later this morning. He got home for breakfast about a hour and half later than normal. I told him to take the thermos with coffee , as it's looking like they won't be done at the regular time today. It's going to be a long day today. And tomorrow is not looking any better.
Please if you are in the area of this snow storm ....don't be driving if you don't have to. The highway snow plow drivers will appreciate less traffic. And why our school district decided to stay open today is beyond me. What we got so far is the fluffy stuff. Thank goodness no sleet yet. The scanner has been real yacky, this morning.

Reactions: pollypurebred39
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.