Frugal Village Forums banner

Pay attention to line 63 on your taxes!

770 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Sassyclass 
#1 ·
I remember from last year we almost missed the $800 credit. This year I made sure we did remember. My sister almost forgot but her tax preparer did not let it get by.

It is easy to miss. I think and I STRESS the word THINK it is the work credit on line 63 with a schedule M.

Find out if you don't know. It is YOUR money so don't give it to the irs!:horse:

#2 ·
It is actually $800 if married, filing jointly with a combined income of less than $150,000 or $400 individually with an income of less than $75,000.

I do free file with H&R Block and it did get my $400.

You are correct that it is the Making Work Pay Credit and it is on line 63 along with a Schedule M.

#3 ·
Oh good. They are still doing Schedule M this year. There was some question about whether it was going to continue from last year.

Seems to me I recall that last year a friend of mine didn't file Schedule M but she got a refund of $400 automatically. Like the IRS does it for you if you forget or didn't know about it. Best to go ahead and do it anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.