Frugal Village Forums banner

Hubby + Wheat bread = to funny

759 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  imagine 
#1 ·
We have eaten 100% whole wheat bread all the children's life and most of our married life.

Today I had to buy Wheat bread not 100% whole wheat bread as the store was really low on things from the snow storm.

Hubby spies the wheat bread in the bread box. He picks it up like it was contaminated and says "This doesn't look right. What's wrong with it? What happened to it?" and he was dead serious.

Too Funny - I laughed

I wonder what the children will think of this strange bread.

Reactions: valerian
#2 ·
I wonder what the children will think of this strange bread.
It should be interesting.

Mine were at a restaurant the first time they had white bread. We got our food and DH was passing out everything. DH gave each kid a piece of white bread. They got all excited and started saying "cake! cake! cake!". The customers at the other tables nearly choked they were laughing so hard. Poor kids got all confused when we were trying to explain that this stuff was actual bread. They still act like it is cake w/o frosting. So be it.

Reactions: imagine
#6 ·
Love your story.

Little Miss saw the bread and wondered why I bought white bread. Buddy said "It isn't white it just isn't the good wheat."

This half and half hybrid bread definitely has my family puzzled. LOL

#3 ·
Too funny I eat wheat bread it's sooo good. I bought 100% whole wheat bread at walmart it was on sale for 2.28 before 55 Cent coupon! Yeah! My boys don't like the 100% whole wheat they say it's the fat bread! LOL It's denser too.

Reactions: imagine
#5 ·
By kids have grown up on 100% wheat bread so the other bread is funny to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.