Frugal Village Forums banner

Excellent customer service - a model for all businesses

860 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Izzabello 
#1 ·
DH and I had some lunch today because we'd left the house with SIL before it was time to eat. No biggie... we go to Rona to get a faucet and SIL says to bring both kids to her house while we go get toilets at another Rona. The Rona we'd stopped at was completely out of the $99 dual flush toilets, but one of the other two had them in stock. She said she'd feed the boys a pizza and that was good with us. DH and I drop the kids off at her place and head off to Rona. After we get done with Rona, we decide to have a sit-down meal with the two of us. I picked Earl's.

I'd never been to Earl's, so this was new for me.

DH and I order the calamari with an iced tea for him. I had just water. (I'm trying to quit caffeine all together) So as we're sitting there eating the calamari (I had never, ever had it before and I wasn't sure what to think of it), the waitress comes up to us and this is where it gets good:

She apologizes for it taking so long for our orders. Apparently, our order was given to another table because they ordered the same exact thing (what are the odds?) and as a token of being sorry, they gave us our lunch for free! It was a Bronx Burger and kung pao noodles, which would have cost us about $25+. We were so pleased with how they handled things that we gave the waitress a pretty substantial tip. It was probably the best customer service I've received in a really, really long time.

This serves as a lesson that all establishments should handle themselves in this manner. It shows well for their business and how they process instances like what happened with us this afternoon.

Btw, the burger was huge! Look!

See less See more
#2 ·
How nice of them! That is unheard of! Just an apology would be nice. You are lucky if you get that.

DH and I hardly eat out any more because the food is usually lousy and so is the service. Not to mention the cost of the meal.

Reactions: MomToTwoBoys
#3 ·
Mahalo for sharing this great experience!!

#6 ·
Mmm, they sure are. I had to take one of them off just to fit the burger in my mouth. Even then, I had to eat it in two layers. It couldn't fit. :(

#5 ·
How very nice, I am glad you enjoyed a lunch out together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.