Frugal Village Forums banner

pathetic!!!

Tags
pathetic
647 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Hamada 
#1 ·
my dh is a school bus driver. you all know about the bad weather, snow and ice. well, he fell after his morning bus run. he was walking away from the bus, on a sheet of ice. the whole yard is ice cause they don't bother to clean it. the girls (other drivers) have been complaining to the boss that someone was going to fall and get hurt. of course it falls on deaf ears.

when he fell he blacked out. his feet slipped out from under him and he ended up on his back. he has a huge goose egg on the back of his head. he doesn't remember falling all he remembers is opening his eyes and 3 of the drivers were staring at him. they seen the fall. they called the boss and she came and took him to the er. long story short, he is on coumadin and he had a head scan at the er. he is okey. he has a hell of a headache and is very tired but ok. he has to go to his dr. to be released to drive again. that is a good thing.

funny thing is.............the town had 2 plows in the bus yard this afternoon. they broke up every piece of ice in the yard. the girls called him to see how he was and to let him know. nothing gets done until someone gets hurt................grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

#2 ·
I'm so sorry that your husband fell. Will workmen's comp cover his medical bills?
Also, keep an eye on him. A head injury (even a minor one) is nothing to fool around with and symptoms can show up even years from now. :hugz:
I had a minor head injury when I was two years old and I'm just now discovering all of my "quirky" personality traits are probably due to the scar tissue in my brain.

#4 ·
Make sure the accident paperwok gets filed for the workman's comp. If he needs it, it will be in place ready to go.

Reactions: rosey7415
#5 ·
I agree. Keep an eye on him. That drug does not mix well with a goose egg. I am glad he wasn't more seriously hurt and I hope he recovers quickly. What a stupid boss!

#7 ·
Hate it when this happens and I am so sorry that it happened to your husband. Agree with everyone about keeping an eye on him - watch out for depression too!! And please take carer of yourself.

#8 ·
I hope your husband has a steady recovery. What a scary thing to happen!!! Good to hear they decided to do something even if it was after the fact.

I have a pair of cleats that I put on my shoes when I want to go walking and there is ice outside. You just slip them on the sole of the shoe. They really work well. I purchased them for about $20 about two years ago. Maybe worth investing in if your husband has to walk on ice again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.