Frugal Village Forums banner

Hopefully my mail will still be coming

Tags
coming mail
882 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Momto5RN 
#1 ·
Ended up calling and complaining about the mailman. Yesterday I put a stamped letter in the mailbox at 8:30 am and it was not picked up. Today I heard the mail truck only to see that my neighbor received her mail and my stamped piece of mail was still sitting in the my mailbox waiting to be taken out. So I grabbed it and walked over to the mailman and stated the same thing.

Since this happened to me two weeks ago I decided to call and complain. Fortunately it was not a bill but I have no idea why my mail wasn't taken. Today's incident there was no excuse. So will see what will happen.

#2 ·
Are you indicating the "proper" way saying that you have a letter to go out? Flag or clipped to the out of the mail box or sticking out of the mail box. Whatever is proper in your area. My mom's mail wasn't being picked up once as the new mail man or substitute didn't know her code. She had a funny mailbox and the other codes didn't work.

Is it a curbside mail box or a porch mail box? If it is a porch mail box is the path to your mail box clean on snow/ice etc?

What is the temp outside? Our has been skipping house because the frigid dangerous temps. He is a walking one.

#3 ·
I have been putting the mail in the mailbox the same way since I moved to the complex over ten years ago. The stamped letter sticking out showing a stamp on it. It really isn't rocket science. My neighbors mailbox is approximately three inches from mine. So there is not anyway he could miss it.

Now I have to find an actual mailbox that is close by. Don't really want to trust this guy when it comes to me paying bills.

#5 ·
That's why I've had a PO Box for the past over 30 years. While we do receive mail at our condo - 8 mailboxes in one unit in front of our condo - still you never know who might just be checking them all out. Besides our address has 16 letters in the street name!!

#7 ·
All out going mail goes to the post office. My mailman retired so we have many different ones. Plus they made it so its a set of mailboxes now and when they first put them up some one was able to get ahold of the out going man and was tearing it up. My peice of mind I take it to the post office.
I would be very upset with your mail person since there is more then one box there is no excuse.
Fern

#9 ·
I checked out the USPS webite Fequently asked questions

"The United States Postal Service makes every effort to pickup and deliver your mail. Outgoing mail is picked up:

For curbside delivery if the flag is up or if there is mail to deliver.
For door delivery if there is mail to deliver.
From the outgoing mail slot in a Cluster Box."

" Mail cannot be delivered to or picked up from a blocked mailbox.."

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?create=kb:USPSFAQ&view%28%29=c{292be440-57e2-11dc-51b6-000000000000}

#10 ·
i remember when i moved into my first house with friends- it was in the city - i put my mail out to be mailed and they laughed at me- apparently they didnt do it that way in the city you took it to a mail box there was no pick up they never heard of it .

to be honest my guy walks and carries so much mail to hand out i would worry even though he had good intentions it might get lost somehow

we are practically related now because my nephew and his daughter have a baby together and live together annd plan to marry ( long story behind that one LOL )
and even though i know he would take care of my mail - too easy for a mix up IMo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.