Frugal Village Forums banner

Someone Shot my DD's Patio Window

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  nodmicks 
#1 ·
2:30 am, dd called us- some idiot shot through her patio window....the bullet ricocheted off the dining room ceiling & imbedded in the wall. She had been sleeping in the bedroom when she heard a man yelling, then the gun going off & hearing all of the glass shattering. The idiot lives in the next building & his patio faces hers....he apparently shot through his own patio window & it traveled into dd's apartment(he took off). DD is so shaken up over this - she's only lived there 10 days. She doesn't want to stay there anymore....she has signed a 6 month lease & we're afraid that the apartment managers might not release her from it. We went over there when she called & stayed about 3 hours while the police finished up their investigation & the maintenance guy could secure the window w/plywood. We got back to the house at 5:30am...dd spent the night.....I am so grateful that she wasn't hurt.
on another note....the day she moved in - we prayed over her that Jesus would keep her safe and blessed - I am in awe at the power of prayer.

#2 ·
Speechless - so glad that she's safe - and how scary is that. Let us know what the apartment people say - what did the police say? Has this idiot done things like this in the past? Police record?

Reactions: many houseapes
#4 ·
The police are looking for him...they probably won't have to look very far...the apt. manage,r by their policy, have a copy of his driver's license......I don't know if he's done this before, but the first night that dd had moved there, she had to go to work & my other dd stayed there, helping her sister get settled in -she said she heard some people arguing...I would assume it was the same person now.Dd will probably have to wait until Monday to talk to the apt. managers:(

#6 ·
:hugz:

Wow. I'm so glad your DD is safe. Hopefully the apt manager will be willing to work something out with her so she can feel safe again.

#7 ·
wow thats crazy and scary too !!!
hopefully they let her out of the lease
safety is a big reason to expect to be IMO

#8 ·
if they don't let her out of the lease, a lady here had a similar thing happen, the mgr didn't want to let her out, so she went to the news about it. It may not be the best idea in the pile, but it is AN idea...

#9 ·
the manager talked w/ the guy & his parents (they take care of this person's expenses)...the parents will be footing all of the repair bills for both apartments.DD had some time to think about it & she says that she doesn't want out of her lease....manager will have a meeting with us with the main manager Monday morning to see about getting dd into a safer apartment and evicting the moron. I got irritated & told the manager that common sense would have kicked in & the moron would have been gone before dawn. She also agrees w/this, but she has to wait for the other manager to okay it. GGGrrr politics.
I cannot believe that this guy claims to have been cleaning his gun when it went off.That is a big lie...why was there an argument before he shot the thing off? Manager doesn't buy it either.

#10 ·
*snip* I cannot believe that this guy claims to have been cleaning his gun when it went off.That is a big lie...why was there an argument before he shot the thing off? Manager doesn't buy it either.
It shouldn't matter what the circumastances were, the point is he could have killed someone. I hope he counts his blessings and leaves quietly, because if he had killed someone he'd be in a lot more trouble than he's in now. Plus, even if he were cleaning it out, it should have been unloaded.... he's either too stupid to own a gun or too reckless, neither is good.

#13 ·
I am greatful that you daughter is safe. Is this a large complex? Hopefully your daughter might be able to move to a different apartment in the same complex. I had problems, not as severe, and was able to move to a different apartment in the same complex. Made a world of difference.

I hope once the dust settles that the person responsible is removed. Sending good thoughts your way.

#14 ·
Wow, that is horrible. I am so glad your daughter is ok. I hope the managers can work out something for her. Hugs and blessings to you all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.