Frugal Village Forums banner

Sanford and Son

Tags
sanford son
834 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  pollypurebred39 
#1 ·
Tonight I found a chair, a wonderful chair. It's old, well built, comfortable and perfect for my dressing room! Someone had set it outside with a coffee table & TV, along with a FREE sign! Well, there was no way I was going to let that perfect chair sit, it was coming home with me.

My youngest feeling a bit weird about the whole affair commented that he feels like Sandford and Son. So as we are loading it in the back of the wagon he starts humming the theme song to Sandford and Son. LOL!

#2 ·
lol don't feel funny about doing that! the person put the free sign up because he/she would rather have someone take it than have it just go to the dump. just tell your son it is the hip thing to do now since the recession.....lol recycling and being green :):) i always put things out front for free. whatever it is...it gets taken.

#4 ·
Don't feel bad! The free sign was there and you needed a chair. The owner got rid of something he didn't need, you got something you needed, and it didn't go into the landfill.

Hubby walks the dogs every evening. I get up and go outside to the garage and often find things - a wheelbarrow (only needed air in the tire), 3 Coleman lanterns (we camp), metal shelving units (put in attic), shelves that fit previous units (some of the shelves were rusted out), a DVD rack (given to step-daughter and matched the FULL one she already had), etc. These items were out to the curb for garbage pickup.

#7 ·
LOL, Sassy. The Jeffersons!!!

Shoiji, he's only 16. He's got champagne taste and a beer budget. Someday he'll figure it out. Boy will he!

Savvy, That's awesome! I'll bet you were thrilled to find all those useful items.

leighcat, We have big trash day around here, lots of people become trash pickers when that rolls around! LOL!

Rosey, Oh I'm so telling him that we are being green! Never even thought about bringing that point up!

We've put things out with a free sign before. It's true about rather someone having something then having it go to the dump. I'm always happy when I put something out and it gets snagged right away. I'd like to think the things I've put out have gone to someone who could not afford to buy what they needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.