i really need to get a life!!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default i really need to get a life!!

i miss going grocery shopping!! i used to go to at least 3 stores a week just to cherry pick the loss leaders. now..... i look at all the flyers and nothing is really a good enough deal. thank god i have my stockpile. but.....that is starting to dwindle now too. i will not stock up on anything if i didn't get a good enough price for it. aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! i have a full freezer upstairs and a full freezer in the cellar. so i have a while to go before i have to pay those outrageous prices. but....i will have to in time.

any one else feel this way?? i know that everyone is upset over the prices, but for cripes sake it was also what gets me out of the house....lol but i guess the bright side is that i am also not wasting too expensive gas driving around........lol boy!! something has to give. we are all being squeezed by all sides. and personally for us older ones on social security....why would we need a raise for the cost of living????? everything is going up except our checks!!!

i know i shouldn't be so gripey.........some have it so much worse than i do. but i had to just complain to someone!! aaaaahhhhhh!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Instead of hitting the grocery stores this week how about volunteering at a non profit place like Habitat store, Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc? It would get you out of the house, connecting with people, etc. Who knows maybe you will find some "loss leaders" on household items instead and at the very least be helping others.

My freezer is full as well as my pantry so I won't be back to grocery stores for the rest of the month.
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

From middle of Dec.2010 to 2-4 2011 i was going about every day helping take care of my brother he passed 1-31-2011 then i had take care of arrangements.so after that i think i used shopping as a way to cope but since i went over my budget so much last month i decided i have got to start staying home more with gas
    and grocery prices so high or i will be like the preacher said SUn.said his wife keep reminding him that they can be in poor house by shopping to much at goodwill.
    Goals and challenges for 2014
    3 things to do a day
    Grocery and household budget $150. a month
    23 no spend days each month

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I do not have a car I use a service that takes me grocery shopping once a week. Basically this helped me get out of the house once a week and I have become dependent and used to it. I go to a plaza so there are a couple stores I can go to. Well, I am so used to routine that it finally dawned on me that I do not have to go every week. So I slowed down recently since things are tight right now financially. And I did realize that part of the reason I went was to get out of the house. Right now this is no longer a problem.

I was also aware of how little I can spend on food per month. Grant it I did use some items from the stockpile.

One thing I did to get out of house once a week was to sign up for a adult evening school class. It was really cheap and I enjoyed the class and got out of the house. Might be an idea. Volunteering is another option. Any non profit place, hospital, library would be a great place to look into.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spending money-a little or a lot--has lost its appeal for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The way I see it, and it may only be me, is that grocery prices aren't going to go back down...you can stay away from the store as much as you want. A month, 2 months but when you go back they are going to be even higher than they are now. So basically todays higher prices are a month from nows lower prices.
    You don't buy the canned tomatoes at the 10cents higher sale price this week and wait because they are in the stockpile for another 4 months....so in 4 months you get them on sale for 25cents higher than they are now. It's going to be a never ending cycle and as groceries AREN'T going to go down the sale is still the sale. And I'm still going to shop them.
    As for getting out of the house agree with above posters. Find something to do...and on the way home double usage the gas used and do loss leaders...it isn't going to get better only worse
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon Sales Challenge Mar
    $10.43

Coupons for Year / $110.43

Mar/ Grocery
    $58.58 /Goal $250.00 Total

Groceries for Year minus Jan & Feb
    $58.58

Eat Out No More April
    Goal 20
    Accomp/1

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i may have come across as i need something to do with my time. i am a homebody and actually love it. i wanted to get across that i loved food shopping and used to enjoy my time going and getting deals. the thrill of the hunt so to speak.

i will never volunteer again in my life. i did that for the first couple of decades and feel as i have done my fair share with that. i was single for a long time and did volunteer work on my own. then when i went to college i was in the social service program and was basically forced to do more of it then. i enjoyed it while i did it but i am so done with that.

thank you all for replying.