Frugal Village Forums banner

My how I have changed :)

Tags
changed
927 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Luckybustert 
#1 ·
We always go out to eat on Fridays. Well today nothing sounded good but I was going to go anyway, then I thought why go PAY for food I dont really want to eat when I can eat food here that I dont really want to eat? LOL So I stayed home and saved the cash, and had leftovers :)

#2 ·
Congrats!! and mahalo for sharing your amazing discovery - love it!!

Reactions: Heather Groce
#3 ·
I do this all the time. on my drive home from work I'm usually tired and I think about what I want to eat, pizza, chinese, grinder...then I have a light bulb moment and remember that I have food at home and why waste the money.

those few dollars on take out add up after a while
Its alot healthier to eat at home too!

Good job!

#5 ·
Great job! I try to experiment on Friday nights to keep it interesting! Last night was baked spaghetti carbonara...interesting. :toothy:

#6 ·
WTG. Knowing what you really want. As a family we are trying to make things at home instead of eating out. Restaurant clones. Today we made a KFC coleslaw clone to eat tomorrow

#7 ·
Thats the perfect way to say it Imagine! :) "knowing what your really want" is exactly right. I dont have a problem with spending money. I never feel bad about it unless its something that doesnt bring me true "joy". I saved the $ on the dinner out but had just got off the phone with my hairdresser setting up an appointment for cut/color for Monday. When my hair looks good I feel better about myself and I am more confident and feel happier toward others too. So that is money well spent :) Its all about priorities. But many times people (myself included) will just spend the $ without giving the thought "what do I REALLY want for my life here? will buying this get me closer to that goal?"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.