Do your pets have irritating habits? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I could write a novel. ugh.

Top ones:

Lhasa howls like a dying animal if you walk out the front door and she can still see you. (say, getting the mail) or if she hears you in the morning but hasn't been let out yet. Its a horrible screaming thing. No-bark device appears to have curbed this thank goodness.

Three out of five dogs eat poop. I have to keep the yard impeccably clean now, it has accelerated with the newest dog joining the family in Sept.

All the dogs assault the water jug when it runs low, as well. They make a ton of racket, incessant licking sounds of tongue-on-plastic, and the jug is thrown around. Once filled, they line up and drink making lots of GLUG GLUG GULP SLOPP SLOBBER SLOP noises like they are dying of thirst. Give me a break I fill it the same moment they just emptied it!! (its the largest auto-fill water jug for pets)

Those are the top ones, I really could go on longer but I'll stop.
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dog paces and likes to get paper. The pacing is far more annoying than the other. We have concrete floors in our bedroom and his nails grate on my nerves.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our very large 15 year old cat yowls when dh is gone....which is often :-( There is no consoling her....
    My dog (from the shelter) serioulsy has no bad habits! Except she is adorable and the cuteness can be overwhelming!!
    Stinkbug

More wagging - Less barking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Husky mix comes in first (alpha B) and hides behind my legs, then jumps on sweet Standard Poodle the minute he walks in the door (just playing but it spooks the poodle every time) and she does it with this HUGE grin on her face.

The sloppy water drinking got sooo bad at my house that I put their water bowls on the covered back porch. They have to ASK to go outside to get a drink, which they usually take care of on regular potty breaks. It keeps the mess out of my house. I have someone home all the time to be a "doorman," so it works in my household. Not sure it would work if you're out of the house 10-12 hours a day (and if you're gone that long you need a doggie door anyway), but it's a solution for some.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My elderly (turned 16 in February) poodle has developed some very irritating habits in his old age. He scratches on the kitchen cabinets and the front door to the point where the cabinets have grooves and are missing paint. He has to go out so very often and I am constantly having to stop what I am doing to let him in or out. Oh, and there is the frequent searching for something to eat, like cardboard, matches, magazines, etc. Some of this is not his fault, but I think because of severe intestinal problems in the past.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by OOwl View Post
    Not sure it would work if you're out of the house 10-12 hours a day (and if you're gone that long you need a doggie door anyway), but it's a solution for some.
    totally agree.
    I saved 100% by buying nothing. Best sale of the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My cat will poke me in the face with her paw. I know where that paw has been and do not appreciate it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My little black girl is just a pushy, in your face, dog for anything she does..........but most of it is geared around food.

Within an hour after eating in the A.M. ----she is bugging you to eat again.

She is a Sr. dog now and I see it getting worse as she gets older............pacing and everything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love our furbaby so much, but she licks all the time. everything. My husband, her fur, the couch, anything she can get her hands on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh our dog also this is very cute. everytime our toaster oven dings she runs to it to let us know dinner is ready, whines until we take it out.
    She also pushes me off the bed to get closer to my hubby.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My black male cat will go on the back of the couch and lick your hair. Unfortunately,we have very different "tastes" in hair styles.
    The funny thing is his brother (who we adopted next door to our older neighbor) did the same. Fortunately,she thought it was sweet?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a cat who likes to grab ahold of my arm with his teeth while doing that kneading thing with his front legs and purring up a storm the whole time. I asked a woman who did cat rescue why he does this and she told me it was a "love bite" and that he really loved me. I wish he would love me alittle less.

My Boston Terror likes to eat poop in the yard and then come in the house and throw it up on the carpet. AARRGGHH! Needless to say I go out with the dogs everytime they go out and pick everything up. I unfortunately can't do a thing about all the bunny poop in my yard from the cottontails.

So, all of your pets irritating habits don't sound so bad now do they?!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cleo will also eat pooh and regurgitate it in the house.... NOT happy about that. She has also picked up singing for her meals. She whimpers and makes noises till the food hits the bowl then she quietly waits for us to give her the go ahead. Of course her singing starts as soon as she enters the kitchen. Her other habit is to bark as she runs down the steps and the sound bounces off the walls and hits me as I follow.

Lacy has (after 4 yrs) become comfortable enough she will hop on the bed with us in the middle of the night. Does she lay at our feet? NO... she comes up to our waists and flops down PERPENDICULAR to us so we form a big H that is now wide awake at 2 am.

Precious, blind timid thing that she is... will see you bend forward to pet her so she backs up about 2 feet and sits waiting to be petted, just out of arms reach.

Allwyn, the cat, will meow after Greebo sneezes. He's only done it for me once but for Greebo... almost every time.

Caesar HAS to lay on my lap while I'm at the computer in the evenings. My keyboard is on a sliding tray so as he gets comfy my keys slide further and further away.
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"

Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In the morning, Asia & Dakota, my huskies, feel that they have to "talk" to get me out of bed. The noises that they make aren't a howl...just irritating...Dakota's is more like " Ra Ra Rooo-yah"...Asia is more like "Whimper - ar-ar - whimper - rooo roo". I just want to sleep until 7 am for crying out loud.
    When dh & I were first married we had 2 cats named tigger & pepper......Pepper would stand on her hind legs in the bathroom...claw at a towel that was hanging up...then she would cover the top of her litter box with it.There were some mornings when we would wake up & both cats were laying at the foot of the bed sleeping & Tigger would have his paw draped over Pepper.....they almost appeared human.lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our dog will HAS to go outside everytime some one gets out of bed. I wake the boys at 5:30, take her out. DN gets up to shower, she has to go out (like 5 min. after I took her), DS gets out of bed after DN's shower, 30min later - again. She acts like she's been neglected totally for each member of the family as they wake - there are 7 of us here.
    It's worse when it's snowing. She loves snow...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast