I think the stress, of the economy, prices, budgets etc is getting to me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy I think the stress, of the economy, prices, budgets etc is getting to me

I think the stress of the economy, rising prices, tight budgets etc are all getting to me. The littlest thing makes me want to cry. I don't cry but I can feel the tears well up and I fight them back.

Like when the hail storm came. I love storms but when the hail got big I started to cry. Luckily, only one dent in the car so that is good.

or when the vacuum brush stopped spinning. I started to cry. Luckily a safety switch had been tripped and I just needed to restart it.

or every time the car has to be put into neutral to start. I want to cry worried that this will be the last time it works.

or a child comes home and has an order form for something from school class pictures or an activity shirt that are "suppose to be not required to wear". I fight back tears and fear and smile.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 19 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry, Imagine. I hope things get better for. Really wish I could say something to make you feel better.
    ~Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.~

~The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My only advice it to take a deep breath, i get that way sometimes, but i just take a rest, take a nap, get a little me time. if you believe in God, then that is when i start praying, and it just seems to always work out. All the things you can't do, like a shirt, will be okay, your child will come to understand how money is tight. mine understand all the time. all their buddies are on vacations this week and we are on stay cation. just remember to love yourself and give yourself time to process the tough things..hang tough and hang in there.. a big hug coming your way..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can feel your pain. Twice a month my youngest daughter brings home something from daycare to order. They are always having fundraisers, etc. Then when I pick them up the young teens that work there in the afternoon hit me up for whatever they are raising money for....softball, track, etc.
    Then the older kids have photos, activities, etc. My 2nd son is graduating from high school in June. I'm being killed by fees, etc.
    I'm completely done. He begged me for a class ring and I just said no. I took his senior picture, made invitations for the grad party, etc. I'm also on the senior parent committee for the all night end of the year party for them. I have 4 cars..only two run..barely. Things are broke everywhere in the house and outside.
    It's easy to get down. Esp. here..it rains and rains and rains some more.
    I try to focus on the positive. My husband and I are both blessed with great jobs. We have 9 very wonderful children. We are buying our home, etc. I have skills that I have taught myself or have reached out to others to learn. I am not on public assistance.
    My son will be going on to a 4 year university, the first in my family to do so....
    Maybe make a list of what you are grateful for?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry you are going through this. It is tough. Some days I just give in to it all and have a good cry.

There's nothing weak about expressing your emotions and getting that bad stuff out of you. I know you don't want to spend all day crying but it wont necessarily be like that, it may be welling up and welling up more than if you just let it out and gave into it, then pulled yourself together again. It can be really, really refreshing to just get it out.

You will get through this, we are all here for you.
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Try to take your focus off of things for a minute. Think about the people you love and who love you. Pray. Those are the things that make you truly rich and able to face whatever comes with confidence. (hug) ~
    ~Constance ~DH ~DS 11~DD 9 ~DD 3

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Imagine, it's okay to feel these things. Let yourself feel them, spend some time crying, but then let God take control. Just give it all to Him. He knows the beginning to the end. He knows your needs, lift them up to Him. Above all, ask Him to show you what you can do to make your situation better. He will, I promise. And remember, God is not the author of fear and He's got this all under control, trust in His love and care for you and your family.

That's what I'd tell any friend in RL, then I'd give them a big hug and a shoulder to cry on. Consider yourself hugged imagine There's a virtual shoulder in there too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by lt98672 View Post
    It's easy to get down. Esp. here..it rains and rains and rains some more.
    You must live in the Pacific Northwest...because we all say the same thing!!! YIKES!!! The rain is horrible this year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by krbshappy71 View Post
    I'm sorry you are going through this. It is tough. Some days I just give in to it all and have a good cry.

There's nothing weak about expressing your emotions and getting that bad stuff out of you. I know you don't want to spend all day crying but it wont necessarily be like that, it may be welling up and welling up more than if you just let it out and gave into it, then pulled yourself together again. It can be really, really refreshing to just get it out.

You will get through this, we are all here for you.
    I was just going to say this. I had a really good cry this past Sunday morning for no real reason, I don't even remember what set me off. So I cried and then I got myself together, drove to the local park, went for a hike and then found a nice quiet spot and journaled for a bit. I have to say it helped.
    Judy

never loose site of the big picture

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think giving in to a good cry is a great idea. You'll release all that pent-up fear and anger.

Cry your heart out, take an hour for yourself, and try to concentrate on the positives in your life.

Sometimes it is best to: "Let go and let God".

Big, warm hug to you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So I feel horrible for even wanting to cry.

My friend looked like she needed to talk. She is getting ready to take her Hubby to the hospital for two weeks. He is having surgery.
    She is keeping a very upbeat conversation about it you know the packing is hard my mom is going to have a hard time with the four kids.

I pat her on the back and rub it and she leans over whispers with tears welling up it is cancer tumors in is lungs and colon. She coked down the tears went on to say the children don't know yet and went on talking about packing.

I feel so bad worried about money and working cars etc.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 19 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think that crying is really a gift from God to help cleanse ourselves. Imagine, please do not compare yourself to your friend or anyone else - there are no value judgements made on what upsets one person compared to another.

You know that this feeling will ease in time and then probably recycle back again - just part of life - the down side/ My suggestion - don't fight it, adknowledge the feelings, cry, scream, whatever you need to do. Your concerns are valid. Please take care and let us know how you are doing
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You are frustrated and the way life is now makes us teary sometimes. Hang in there, think positive and make sure you are eating good food because depression can be aided by good nutrition.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Completley understand what you are going through. My youngest wants a huge birthday party, my oldest has been invited to a very prestegious "internship" in California for 10 days (3000 at minimum), three total birthdays in April, Easter, next month is my birthday, Mothers Day, my hours have been cut at work, food stamps went down (still trying to figure that one out), and the list goes on. And did I mention I am pretty sure I have a nasty sinus infection that is making my life miserable and I can't go to the doctor because I have NO HEALTH insurance? Yesterday all I could do is cry. It all came to a head. I have never had to tell my kids "not this time" due to money, or been able to see a doctor, etc... CRY and let it out, don't feel bad, just do it! (((HUGS)))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    So I feel horrible for even wanting to cry.

My friend looked like she needed to talk. She is getting ready to take her Hubby to the hospital for two weeks. He is having surgery.
    She is keeping a very upbeat conversation about it you know the packing is hard my mom is going to have a hard time with the four kids.

I pat her on the back and rub it and she leans over whispers with tears welling up it is cancer tumors in is lungs and colon. She coked down the tears went on to say the children don't know yet and went on talking about packing.

I feel so bad worried about money and working cars etc.
    Don't feel bad for being worried about your problems. When someone close to us goes through something traumatic it only makes the stress worse. You'd think that it would put things in perspective and allow you to suck it up, but I think what it actually does is just make you feel like sometimes life is just crap for everyone. (IT's not, things WILL get better.) I just don't want you to kick yourself for feeling bad.
    ~Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.~

~The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast