Wow Storm

Thread: Wow Storm

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Wow Storm

Good Morning everyone the skies are angry here today!
    Wow Storm!!!
    We have had wicked thunderstorms come through since last night. It is calm now but the weather network is calling for thunder storms all day. DD says that we can't walk to school because we might get struck by lighting. She is not a fan of storms. So I am not sure what we are going to do. I am going to get her ready and see what it is like when it is time to leave today.
    The power has already gone out once. Its times like this I wish I could drive and had a car. Its not the rain that is the problem it is the fork lighting that is!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That pretty much missed us, at least the heavy stuff.

However, I love a good thunderstorm!
    If you're buying things you really don't NEED on sale, are you really saving?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad the storms missed you Russ! We got nailed here in Wisconsin. There are trees down everywhere you look in my area. Great big HUGE pine trees that didn't make it and were pulled up at the roots. Our screen door (that we just put on last summer) is complete junk. There is glass from it from our front stairs to the neighbor's front stairs.

The 9 foot privacy fence in the backyard is pretty much gone. Thankfully it didn't do any damage to anything but itself! Gutters ripped off the house and I think that the roof separated from the rest of the house a bit in one spot. It is crazy!

We fared better than some though. We went over to check on my in laws last night because our stupid phone didn't work (we had power but the cable went out...go figure!) One of the houses a block up from them completely lost their garage! It was weird driving over there as it was pretty random who had power and who didn't! Not the total devastation from a major tornado but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a minor one. The damage here is just crazy.

I finally heard from my dad and now I'm just waiting to hear from my mom. I'm worried about her as she is terrified of thunderstorms in general and she lives too far away for us to go check on her last night. I don't have a vehicle to go check on her today and last I tried calling....it must have knocked cell phone service to her area out because all I get is a busy signal. Will keep trying to call her!

Hope everyone who was or is in the path of these storms stays safe and sound!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Funny Russ. We got a huge one but it was mostly bluster. What a diff 20 miles can make weather -wise. We had window rattling thunder and some very close booms but I don't think any losses of trees or property damage. I haven't been out yet but we'll see in an hour when I leave for the Drs.

Registered User Droppedonmyhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love a good thunderstorm too, but my goodness!!! Y'all have been blasted for a while now. Enough is enough, Mother Nature!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't miss those thunderstorms at all. The storms in Ontario scared the wits out of me, I was always afraid a tornado was coming. Funny, I can sit through a hurricane and scarcely bat an eye.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2krj View Post
    I'm glad the storms missed you Russ! We got nailed here in Wisconsin. There are trees down everywhere you look in my area. Great big HUGE pine trees that didn't make it and were pulled up at the roots. Our screen door (that we just put on last summer) is complete junk. There is glass from it from our front stairs to the neighbor's front stairs.

The 9 foot privacy fence in the backyard is pretty much gone. Thankfully it didn't do any damage to anything but itself! Gutters ripped off the house and I think that the roof separated from the rest of the house a bit in one spot. It is crazy!

We fared better than some though. We went over to check on my in laws last night because our stupid phone didn't work (we had power but the cable went out...go figure!) One of the houses a block up from them completely lost their garage! It was weird driving over there as it was pretty random who had power and who didn't! Not the total devastation from a major tornado but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a minor one. The damage here is just crazy.

I finally heard from my dad and now I'm just waiting to hear from my mom. I'm worried about her as she is terrified of thunderstorms in general and she lives too far away for us to go check on her last night. I don't have a vehicle to go check on her today and last I tried calling....it must have knocked cell phone service to her area out because all I get is a busy signal. Will keep trying to call her!

Hope everyone who was or is in the path of these storms stays safe and sound!

We are also in WI and had 2 confirmed tornado touch down. I'm embarrassed to admit this but I have had the flu and slept through all of it! Thankfully only a few buildings were destroyed but dh said lots and lots of trees ripped out causing damage. I was so shocked when I saw it on the tv

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It is scary to see all the damage that the mainland storms are doing - take care friends.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nodmicks View Post
    We are also in WI and had 2 confirmed tornado touch down. I'm embarrassed to admit this but I have had the flu and slept through all of it! Thankfully only a few buildings were destroyed but dh said lots and lots of trees ripped out causing damage. I was so shocked when I saw it on the tv
    Yeah, those storms were crazy! I finally heard from my mom the next day. Phew!

Just the amount of trees that are down is insane! I told DH to go start picking up wood and we'd be stocked for the fire pit for a long time...but he won't because it's all mostly pine and he doesn't want to burn pine. I think it would be fine if we let it dry for a year but he doesn't.

I'm glad you're alright though nodmicks! I've seen there are 10 confirmed tornadoes in Wisconsin and they are still working on others. I am curious if we're going to have one or not...if it was, it was definitely a weak one, more like a funnel cloud kept skipping around, ya know?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we had storms monday night and the power went out for around 3 hours. the good old oil lamps come in handy TC

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was like it skipped around here also! How odd! Glad everyone is safe!