Temperature inside Walmart
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Temperature inside Walmart

I'm in Florida, and it's already getting quite hot here. I walked into my local Walmart, and I swear they did not have the A/C keeping it as cool as they usually do. Normally on a hot day, you walk through the door and feel a fabulous rush of cold air and a great relief to be out of the heat. Yesterday, however, it was cooler than outside, but still warmer than I was comfortable with.

I wonder if they're trying to cut costs by keeping the temp higher than they used to. Have any of you seen this happening in your areas? If their prices increase, and I have to be hot while I'm shopping, that could be enough to drive me to the next store down (even though walmart is closest to me).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live in Texas, and that was one of the main reasons I quit shopping in Walmart (actually, I felt/feel that the entire experience, parking lot to checkout, was miserable, but the high temp was a deal-killer for me). I complained. My husband complained. Several neighbors mentioned it to management, and our pleas were ignored. They stated that temperature inside the stores was mandated by corporate (good god is ANYTHING not these days?!). I am VERY heat intolerant (yeah, I know, stupid to live in Texas if that's the case, but I was born here and I will stay here. . . for the time being). It's not just a little uncomfortable in our Walmart, but miserable. It's been two years since I've been through the door, but your post made me cringe to remember it. It's the little things like this that drive customers to shop someplace else. Their refusal to take note of these little issues will someday fell the giant.
    Totally debt free since January 2011.
    Fully funded Emergency Fund complete December 12, 2011! Yeah!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Im in Florida too and my walmart is always so cold I can't wait to get out of there. But I am weird, I don't like the A/C below 78. I find all public places too cold.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had the opposite problems with ours. My mom used to work there years ago and she would always complain about how cold it was there in the winter. She said they had absolutely no control over the heat, that all the settings for that were controlled through the corporate office in Arkansas. Seems kinda silly to me to have the temperature controlled by someone who is no where near the store! I thought they have gotten a bit better, but I don't work there so I'm not sure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had never seen that problem here until last Sunday it was hot in the walmart i was in but they are redoing that store so i thought that might be the problem.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our local Kmart is sweltering in the Summer and freezing in the Winter. All the food thrift stores are the same way, and the local Family Dollar leaves their front doors open and run fans unless the temperature outside is above 90' The family run grocery chain out here is very warm in the Summer, all their stores. The mall does the cold in the Winter, hot in the Summer thing too. It has been that way for years, everyone is saving money now OR being green.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have joked that the bank or anywhere else would put up a sign this winter saying " Wear a sweater we turned down the heat to save money"

I know we do this at our house. LOL

On the serious side, here it is the in between season heater not needed but needed the next. So every place goes from hot to cold and back again.

I bet other places are in the in between time. Air needed one day but not another.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I won't shop in our K Mart during warm/hot months. Their thermostat is controlled by "corporate headquarters" somewhere like Minnesota or something. they obviously do not have the humidity problems we have in Lou-zee-ana/Mississippi. I absolutely refuse to pay a store money when I feel sweat running (not trickling) down my back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by shp1055 View Post
    I won't shop in our K Mart during warm/hot months. Their thermostat is controlled by "corporate headquarters" somewhere like Minnesota or something. they obviously do not have the humidity problems we have in Lou-zee-ana/Mississippi. I absolutely refuse to pay a store money when I feel sweat running (not trickling) down my back.
    The k-mart here is hot and I was told the same thing at Wal-mart that Corporate headquaters controlled the air. This was last summer and it was hot in Wal-mart. TC

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The air in our Walmart is very humid - very uncomfortable to shop there.
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just a few days ago I was in our local WalMart...it was warn, not hot, but really too warm. My check out receipt has a survey on it...oh yeah, you guessed it. I most certainly let them know the temp was NOT comfortable inside....
    Now, mind you, I believe in giving credit where it's due...the cashier was fantastic checking me out...between the comp ads and coupons...IP coupons...it almost made up for the temp.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We started to notice this too last summer..we're in the "tropical" area of texas & the humidity can be unbearable at times.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't shop at Walmart as much, and hadn't noticed this. It be partly because I usually go when I get off work at 11 pm, so it is already cooler outside and there aren't many people in the store. If I notice it, I'll probably fill out one of their surveys and complain too.

On the other hand, the library where I work is often freezing in the summer. If you come in July, bring a sweater!
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our walmarts seem to be ok. Have you ever been in Sears.OMG that place never cool.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The Walmart here is hot all the time. Summer, Fall, Spring, and Winter. It is so bad here that I send dh in most of the time since heat doesn't bother him. It is humid here so I never thought too much about who controls the temp. How stupid is it that someone in another state controls temps in other states?? That seems a little ridiculous.

I would probably shop around more if I was more comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast