So upset, our house was burgled this morning! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Awful awful awful!

I am so sorry this has happened to you! I am sorry about the pictures. I know how sick you must be about those pictures.

I am so glad you are all safe though.

Our cars got hit 2 weeks ago but there was NOTHING to steal although they did take my dds backpack which had NOTHING in it except all her homework she had to replace.

They didn't take the huge case of cds so it had to be young teens since they didn't seem to know what a cd is and that they can be pawned. No damage to the cars. The one time we don't lock them....

Now dh finally got what he wanted and we have an alarm system put in.

I can't stand a thief!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ditto what Daisygirl said about the online photo hosting site. Life saver even after the kids are old enough to figure out how to delete photo's...
    Other than that, just big hugs, and prayers that the thieves get caught, and thanks you and the babies were not home for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~We have a $500 deductible. Which is good because I thought it was $1000 which would have made the majority of the expense ours. What's bad is that I used my own pocket money to buy the DSI(and it was only a month old), two of the games and the laptop. So the $500 deductible is about what I spent in pocket money and I won't get it back or replace those items for a while.
    The camera and Wii will be replaced very quickly though. The camera is a must for me and we use our Wii for games, Netflix and exercising. At least the price has gone down a lot.
    I usually do back up my photos online but I deleted them all about a month ago due to an online acquaintance who was found out to be a faker. She'd stolen all of her photos from a hacked Photobucket account and pretended they were her baby and her life. It really freaked me out so I removed my pics. Urg.
    I just feel so guilty that I didn't burn those photos to disc. From now on I'm making a disc every month whether the card is full or not.
    Oh, and DH discovered that it was more than 3 stolen games, it was 5. We have about 35 games they could have stolen but they only took our newest Pokémon games. DH is a serious Pokémon player and he had 492 out of the 493 Pokémon. People actually sell Pokémon so the data was very valuable.
    And Maui, yes, my neighbor informed me that a house two streets over was hit last week. I've never worried about being burglarized because I really don't think our house is a great target. We're the poorest little house here. Apparently the thieves didn't care. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh no!!! I am so sorry. Nothing is worse than feeling violated. I hope they catch them. Hugs.
    Sept No Spend Days - 7 /20
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 224 /365
    2014 Sept Gas Challenge - $68.50 / $120
    Sept Keep Fit - 825 min / 900 min

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My ds car was broken into quite a few years ago right in front of our house while we were sleeping. His stereo equipment was not covered because it wasn't bolted down in the trunk. The only way I can get past thieves is to remember what goes around comes around. Soooooo glad you and your family are ok and that ins will cover some of what you lost.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow..that's really scary! I know I'd be looking over my shoulder every minute out of fear that they would come back..Please get a security camera system in place for your protection...HUGS,Brenda
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nuisance26 View Post
    ~And Maui, yes, my neighbor informed me that a house two streets over was hit last week. I've never worried about being burglarized because I really don't think our house is a great target. We're the poorest little house here. Apparently the thieves didn't care. ~
    Curious, I hate to suggest but....in light of the items taken could it be someone, kid or teen who has been in your house before and knew where everything was? Hence, nothing destroyed. It kind of sounds like they knew what they were after..
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon Sales Challenge/August
    $

Coupons for Year / $745.54

August/ Grocery
    /Goal $175.00 Total

Groceries for Year minus Jan & Feb
    $504.98

Eat Out No More Sept
    Goal 20
    Accomp/12

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/6

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Awful! So sorry that happened and I hope they catch them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank goodness you and the babies weren't home at the time! Sorry to hear about the pictures!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So sorry to hear that, nuis..........that is terrible.

I hope you can find who did this.

Did you have any of it marked.........or any numbers recorded?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    Curious, I hate to suggest but....in light of the items taken could it be someone, kid or teen who has been in your house before and knew where everything was? Hence, nothing destroyed. It kind of sounds like they knew what they were after..
    this is what i was thinking too. teens - electronics.

was it a school holiday? or senior skip day?
    baby step 2- see blog for actual amounts

"stop being a victim, you are a perpetrator, taking things without paying for them is stealing, you are not a victim, you are a perpetrator. PAY THE PEOPLE YOU OWE, pray for the people you owe, and make it right. " hard nosed AA person, thumping his big book, addressed to me in AA meeting 7/30/2013

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~It's actually a testing week here so kids should be in school. We have tons of neighborhood teens but none that have been in my house. We're often out in our yard with my camera and DH has been outside with his new DSI a lot too. It has a camera in it and he used it to send pics of the kids to Facebook. I personally think they were just 'lucky' to get what they got. Our cash, Wii, cameras, games and ds's were all in the same 4 foot square area.
    What really creeps me out is that they went through our medicine cabinet(not where I keep medicine though!)and our drawers. It makes me think they were looking for weapons and drugs. If they hit enough houses they will find those things and that freaks me out!
    I'm really not trying to throw myself a pity party but I'm just so mad this morning that they picked on us. We have precious few 'toys'. We work and save to get special things. I used a 2MP digital camera for 10 years before upgrading to my new 12 MP one. I saved all of my pocket money for four months and surprised DH with a new DSI to replace his 8(?) year old first edition DS with its broken hinge. DH gave me my old DS for my birthday years ago and I've taken excellent care of it.
    Our washer broke a couple of weeks ago too so the expense and stress of replacing such expensive stuff all at once is making me sick to my stomach.
    I'm just gonna spend the day counting my blessings or I'll be too emotional to do anything at all.
    And yes FF, we had all the serial numbers and all the recent receipts. Nintendo has an online rewards program so DH always registers everything Nintendo that we buy so all our info was in our online Nintendo account. I don't think we'll get anything back though. People buy used games and systems all the time and no one thinks to check the serial numbers. I don't even know if stolen item numbers are available to view by the public anyway. They should be!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, nuisance, that's terrible! I'm so sorry about your baby pix and all the rest. I think it would mostly skeeve me out that some stranger was messing around in my house. Ugh.
    ______
    Cheryl

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition." -------Martha Washington

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The thought of someone going through "your" things just makes me ill.

It happened to us a few years back, the idea of people taking the things you work so hard for is painful. I am so sorry this happened to you.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry!! This happened to me about 6 years ago!! Thank god we werent home. Just knowing that someone uninvited was rummaging through my home made me sick for months!!

Big hugs to you and your family!! So sorry that it happened.
    I love Lee!!

Mommy to Crixie and Kitney

"She feels like kicking out the windows and setting fire to this life..."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast