Child abuse

Thread: Child abuse

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Child abuse

Probably the wrong place to put this Floyd County Times, has an article on 2 people who abused their children. First of all those people were called on at least a dozen times. Because I called on them They were on of my neighbors I moved because of the filth that I lived between 1 family who did not know what soap and water was. Months and these people would not bath. The other family who cursed, yelled, sounded like the children were being slammed into walls. It was a living hell for my family.
    The children in this article were so mistreated. Human and animal fecees all over the place , urine and shit soaked mattress . Prescription pills all over the house. 2 children locked in a room peeing in the cornor and pooping in a l bowl .All the children had to be hospitalized for infections.
    There was 2 therapists that came to see the children a couple times a week. One was occupational and one was speech they never reported.
    This is hud apartments the landlord was in their a week ago and passed them.
    I am discsusted by this. I reported both houses and nothing was ever done. I am so glad those children will never be back their,
    The icing on the cake the mother was found at walmart getting her nails done with $900 dollars in her pocket. worthless excuse for a woman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

its so sad ..its like the people who should be looking after these kids only want a pay check..
    car loan 12/2006 14,687.93

student load : in forbearance

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry

I am sorry to say I see alot of this stuff on tv, I see mom's you come in with their kids nd they want a candy bar, but mom says no because she has no money but she uses her child support card to buy cigs. They are on welfare but have all kinds of money, expensive clothes and jewelry.

But also the sad but alot of the time true, the kids are returned to the parents.

Last week a mother was so drunk (and this occurs quit frequently) that her 8 year old daughter watches the 4 year old, the kids left at night, the cops were called. The kids were found, (this was on Sept 3rd) and the oldest said that she was tired of taking cold showers and she went to her girlfriends house to get cleaned up.

When the police showed up they went into the apt and found rotting food everywhere, plus lots of empty beer cans, the youngest daughter had one baby bottle when she was little and it was never cleaned, it had mold on it. The list goes on and on. The police turned the kids over to my coworker, arrested the mom, Child Services were called, I asked my co worker what happened with the kids, she tells me they are back with the mom.

The mom came in my store with the youngest on Thursday. Go Figure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

Granted, it isn't my "business" but I really look at the kids I serve in afterschool, and my heart breaks for them. There are kids who haven't got enough, and those who are given everything under the sun - and you know what - neither one has what she 'needs' - a loving, stable parent/adult involved in her life outside of me. These kids are all around us, needing structure, safety, someone to talk to, and give advice, I'd encourage all of us to reach out a bit, maybe beyond our comfort zones, just to touch the life of a child.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

oheoh's momma - Floyd County Ky yes? If so, I can tell you that this is probably much worse now than it was a few years back and is probably going to continue to get worse as our state government continues to make poor money choices. I work in the field for a private ageny that contracts to care for some of the children taken from thier parents. Basically what we are seeing is that children that we would get referrals on for our treatment program are referred to our therapeutic foster care program, children that should be in therapeutic foster care are referred to foster care, and foster care is not getting the amount of referrals it got a few years back. They also are not paying a higher level of care to keep siblings together. The child that needs the higher level of care may be split off from thier siblings. In the past they kept them together until the child needing the most treatment was ready to step down. Meanwhile in downtown Louisville we put in granite curbs a few years back and some $50,000.00 bike racks. Continue to be an advocate for the children and make the reports and pay attention to money/budget discussions when it comes time to vote and factor in your stance on this issue when making your choices.
    GG

Groc. December: $239/$300
    Investments 2014: $/$12,000
    Mort. Prin. : $1358/$8,456
    Christmas '14: $/$1,000
    Vacation '14: $/$1,500

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes we both are in Ky I think mamma chop is also. I feel like I did not do enough. I reported and reported. The kids are split among family. I just pray for the best. I hope beside prision time, tying her tubes, that the government will demand the SSI money back. hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    Yes we both are in Ky I think mamma chop is also. I feel like I did not do enough. I reported and reported. The kids are split among family. I just pray for the best. I hope beside prision time, tying her tubes, that the government will demand the SSI money back. hugs
    Attempted murder with premeditation sounds like a good idea to me.