What keeps you motivated?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking What keeps you motivated?

Thanks to Sara, this is what started this thread lol

I am finding it very difficult to have the energy to workout after work, because I am too tired. I walk for an hour every evening with my dogs but that doesn't seem to be enough for me to lose the weight.

My question to all of you: what keeps you motivated to workout?

Thanks,

Jeanette

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't motivate myself, so a joined a group fitness class we get together 2x a week for an hour and 15 mins and the instructors lead the class. Then me and 3 friends are going to try and get together 2x a week alone. It's so hard by the time work is done, supper for dd clean up and get going then my evenings after are so rushed. But working out makes me feel so much better!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I heard that you can eat all the fruits & veggies that you want on WW good luck to you!
    Loving Wife to Ken 30 yrs & 3 sons
    My furbaby: /Sparky paw:Jack Russel,Beagle,Dashaund mix
    Change jar ?

Seek ye first the kingdom of God & he will give you your hearts desires. (Matt 6:33)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A couple of years ago when I was serious about loosing weight I walked alot. For whatever reason it took me three months of walking everyday and eating the right foods before I saw any weight loss.

Right now I am loosing weight but I know what I need to do to loose the weight.

Try to keep up the walks with the dogs. On the weekends you might want to increase the amount of time you walk with the dogs or try another type of exercise like bike riding.

The hardest part for me right now was to stay away from the fast food. Which I knew was not good for me but it took awhile to stay away from them to get the cravings to stop. I need to loose about fifteen more pounds.

Something that helps is to say I need to loose five more pounds instead of fifteen. That way I feel as if I am making progress instead of feeling like I will never make my goal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I go for my run as soon as the kids are on the bus during the school year. (I work at the local high school between 11am-2pm so I follow the school calendar). In the summer I wake up, have a cup a coffee and immediately lace up my shoes. I find if I knock out the workout before my crazy day starts then I never have to worry about "life" getting in the way and making excuses for not getting the workout in. KWIM?
    DW to Firefighter Ed

Mom to 3

Dionna 19

Elena 16

Drake14

2 Doggies Ollie & Nikki

2 Cats Dexter & Delilah

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My health. I really just want to be healthy for my kids. I am fighting high blood pressure and would like to lose some weight so that is why I try to keep walking
    Frugalista Mama to DD 14 & DS 10
    Crazy Boxer *Sadie*
    **Debt Free Minus the House**

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I run first thing in the morning, and jog in the evening. I find the routine of going first thing in the morning is my "me time", and it has become a routine and habit now. Which helps. What motivates me is seeing a few people I know that can't bless their hearts due to health and I have my health right now which is a wealth to me and I want to keep it. Kwim
    *Angel*

Dave R. Plan
    Step one - Done
    Step two-Done
    Step three-Done
    Step four-Done
    Step five- Working on
    Step six- almost done
    Living debt free except the mortgage and working on that !!!

Be content with what you have;
    Rejoice in the way things are,
    When you realise there is nothing lacking,
    the whole world belongs to you.

-Lao Tzu

Have Courage
    “Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires…courage.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back..." Maya Angelou

"Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life." (Confucius 551-478 BC)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with Elphaba, I too find it best to get my work out over and done with in the morning. It is also the best method for loosing weight so that gives me a little more motivation. When you do an intense workout in the morning such as running it actually helps to increased your metabolism which allows you to burn more calories throughout the entire day. You probably will have to step your workout up form walking to jogging. The hour you take to walk your dogs start incorporating some jogging. What type of dogs do you have?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If I wanted to work out in the morning, I would have to be up at 4:30am, because I have to work at 8am M-F. We have 2 Shepherd X's one is 16 months old(Who I would like to train to run beside me), and the other is 5.5 months personally I think at his age it would be too much for him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I find actually working out motivates me to work out. That, and music. Some days I really don't feel like it, but I know that I always feel better after I do. So some days I have to push myself to actually start, but once started, I feel better about it. If that makes sense?

We get 15 minutes a day, by our contract, for "health and wellness", plus all of the plants have fairly well-stocked gyms, so I usually go in the morning and combine it with coffee break. I find I'm usually a lot more productive after that.

I also believe that everyone benefits from weights/resistance training. Not that cardio isn't important, but the bigger your muscles, the more "fuel" they burn when they are working. Plus I find that when you feel you are stronger physically, that carries over to most other parts of your life as well. Not "bodybuilder" huge, but proportional, defined, and capable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I wanted to lose weight/get healthy, I signed up for Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com. I kept a food and exercise diary. The food diary helped me to learn portion size and was a REAL eye opener when it came to calories, fat, carbs, salt, etc.

Basically I was allowed to eat 1200 calories a day. On the days that I exercised (and recorded it) I could eat those extra calories also! So it was an incentive to exercise. The more I exercised the more I could eat (within reason).

Good luck! You CAN do it, but first you have to know how many calories you are taking in and burning. You might be surprised; I know I was.
    House - Start $127,944 Balance $105,032

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I get paid. I was finding myself sitting in front of the tv each night instead of working out or being productive. I found a part time cleaning job (on top of my full time job) and you do NOT sit then entire time, you are vacuuming, mopping, cleaning, hauling trash. It is my workout, I get paid, it is 3 hours a night Mon-Thurs and then again Sunday mornings. WHEW!! When I don't wanna go I tell myself "You are getting paid and its more enjoyable than being at a gym!"

Maybe you need to find a different exercise, activity, scenery to help jump start you. The mind gets bored easily. When the mind is bored it tries to find something better to do, feels tired, resists what it should be doing. Just a thought!
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the results keep me motivated. In April I started walking for 30 minutes on the treadmill during my lunch hour. Now I wake up 30 minutes earlier and get in an exercise video AND walk 30 minutes on the treadmill. I had joined WW in june and I lost 10lbs in about 12 weeks. Thankfully thats all I needed to loose. But now I am toning and getting stronger and well I LOVE the way my muscles look. I'm flexing all the time !! LOL! My ego is huge right now so you might have to make this thread a little bigger for my head!

just kidding, but really, seeing results is a HUGE motivator!
    Judy

never loose site of the big picture

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To help you remember what you have eaten each day keep a journal. After a week take an honest look at it. Are you eating any processed foods? Even diet soda can keep on the pounds.

The main thing is to keep on going and continue to eat right and walk with the dogs.