Frugal Village Forums banner

I'm under a Snow Watch today!!!

2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  ShadowMom 
#1 ·
This is our first snow watch today, we've only has a small amount of snow here which is unusual for Northern IN. We're expecting 2-6 in and my area supposed to get the 6 in yikes!!!! Glad I got eggs last night and I'm off work today!!! I need to go to the dentist at 1 and that's when it's suppposed to start snowing!!!! I'ts been raining since last night and it's windy already uggg!

#3 ·
We had snow over the pre-Halloween weekend. LOTS of snow, and because the leaves hadn't fallen by then, no power for a few days.

It's been VERY warm in November, as of right now (7:20am) it's 53 and climbing.

Make a cocoa and sit by the window and forget for a little bit that you are grown and have to shovel it... look at it through your "kid eyes".

#10 ·
I'm in the Monadnock region in s. w. NH....we got 2 feet of snow right before Halloween, have had 2 other 'snow incidences' of at least a few inches....and it's not even 12/1! I hate 'early' snow! Keep safe- much sympathy from here in NH.

#4 ·
We have rain now and I have some ponding in my front yard now it will freeze later as the temps drop through out the day! Lovely anyone have ice skates & hockey sticks come on over! LOL

#6 ·
You can have your snow.
I love the 60 degree weather in NY right now.
Hope it stays this way all winter.
I hate cold and snow.
Be careful on your trip to the dentist.

#13 ·
Stay safe in the snow. I have mixed feelings about it. Snow is so pretty, but very treacherous. It's always weird when it snows in Seattle - not enough plows, lots of hills, power outages, and freaked out drivers, but a great excuse to stay cozy warm at home.

#15 ·
We know how to handle snow here but technically its the first (thats stayed) and people do forget how to drive in it. And w/ freezing rain first,thats the danger. Cuz. the ice is underneath and stopping often not happening! But I have already slurped the hot choc. w/ whip creme leftover from Thanksgiving and plan to install my new electric blanket saved from last years clearance.
To all others,yes -be safe,stay in if poss. if not. EXPECT stupid it's always available for free, And you know and I know,theres always "that guy" that going too fast.

#16 ·
My friend lives in town & texted me that she lost power uptown luckily they have a generator! Said a transformer blew from the ice and down the stree power lines are down due to the heavy snow on the lines! They lost power 4 times. We lost our satellite all night luckily we have digital tv upstairs to watch the news. So far we got about 3-4 in supposed to get 8 in!!! I fish tailed going around a curve close to my home was going too fast but I learn fast to slow down. It was snowing fast & hard! Glad I was close to home. Son got stuck on the road near our house and walked home so dh got him out and they helped a neighbor out also. It was coming down fast hard to keep up with the shoveling!

#17 ·
with the exception of the dentist......it sounds like a nice day to have that hot cocoa and snuggle up under a blanket. hopefully if you go when it first starts to fall you will be out of there in about an hour...get home as soon as possible before it piles up too much.

#19 ·
So jealous very warm here in NJ yesterday it was 70 degrees just not right for November My mother used to call this pneumonia weather when it was too warm in the fall she was probably right as I have heard of 4 people in the last week who have it Come on cold weather get in here and kill the germs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.