Hoping 2012 is my year to get it together!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Hoping 2012 is my year to get it together!

I really need to get my life organized. Money, we spend way too much on stupid things, get my coupons organized, the house etc. I want to exercise and try to quit smoking (again)! so much to think about and accomplish. I am ready!! I want to use cash only, no debit cards, since DH debits everything and it drives me nuts! Just some thoughts, is anyone else planning on 2012 being their year to refocus?
    taking one day at a time, trying to get rid of debt!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye5 View Post
    is anyone else planning on 2012 being their year to refocus?
    Hi Buckeye, I am planning on refocusing this year...I have tons to think about for sure. I use my debit card way too often as well, maybe I will start the envelope system. I want to figure out how to save on food for myself as well. I have been reading a lot of posts . I will be doing the Dave Ramsey baby steps as well. I am checking out the challenges on here as well to get back to living the way I always use to in the past. It has been so long though since I have been doing this that it is hard. Not that I am high maintenance I just couldn't seem to find my way back to the savings and frugal living in which I had become accustomed too. I can't wait to get everything back on track though

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is the year for me! I keep trying every year and get lost someplace along the way.Now that I'm retired, there's no excuse----right?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Count me in too....been retired for 6 months and really need to get my act together...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working on it too. Also have to get rid of clutter big time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

this is totally my year! I worked hard on a budget and got Dh on board as well. We had a minor set back with the first pay day of the year but we had a plan so we were able to work it out and we are still on track! Dh even went with me to run errands this morning and we were able to get our grocery shopping done within budget! Good luck to you all!
    Holly

My blog: www.littlebitoflifetn.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Ssindi View Post
    This is the year for me! I keep trying every year and get lost someplace along the way.Now that I'm retired, there's no excuse----right?
    I'm retired also. I get absolutely NOTHING done !!!!
    The only rooms that are straight in my house is the living room and the kitchen which are at the front of the house, visible to visitors. The rest is a mess ! Good luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Count me in on the retired list. I retired in 2007, but kept working part time until May 2011. My part time work was teaching a few classes at the local college, and that meant that I also had homework to do when I arrived home. But that had always been my schedule: go to school, come home and do homework. It's just that there was less of it in retirement.

But now that I am fully retired, my schedule got all screwy. I guess I thought that I had all the time in the world, and just let she things slide. I had always been a very organized person (out of necessity to just keep my head above water), and now things were slipping. I found myself not going to bed or getting up at regular hours, not eating right, etc.

So I'm with you on this. I need to find a new rhythm for this phase of life. Share with me how you found the right rhythm for retirement.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is me I just want to regroup and refocus, i always pay for things with cash debit card is EVIL. lol so u want be alone hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just want to cut my food budget. I been spinning around for the past month looking at one thing and then another and never actually making any progress. Today I decided the first step toward cutting my food budget is figuring out what my food budget is. So I got a box to put in my junk drawer in the kitchen that I've started dropping all my receipts in. All I'm going to do for the remainder of January is put all my receipts in that box and start finding, clipping and using coupons for the few processed foods I buy. Then I'm going to do a big analysis @ the end of the month to see how I can change.

I'm thinking I spend like $350. per month on food for ONE PERSON! I don't know how I can possibly do that as (being vegan) I make almost all my food and rarely throw any food away and virtually never eat out. I also don't drink or smoke (two other very expensive endeavors.) But I may be wrong. I'm not really sure how much I spend on food so I think a big-time analysis is in order.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

it's easy to blow the grocey budget, it seems like everytime I do the shopping the prices have increased or the size of the item has decreased. It makesme nuts! hahha
    taking one day at a time, trying to get rid of debt!!