I am so tired
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am so tired

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I am so tired

of being sick. I am going on a month. Everytime I think I have it beat . It sneeks right back up to be and puts me down again. It stated out no voice to coughing all the time. Took a trip to ugernt care. Came back with upper respiratory infection, bronchitis,and asthma. Took antibiotics upped the steroids and a new neb med.. I just feel so weak. I wish I could feel better.
    Fern>

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

you poor thing. that just plain ol sucks! feel better soon! sure this funky winter weather we are having doesnt help matters.

do try to steam yourself in a hot bathroom once a day. it really helps us here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is gross ok but I swear it works. an onion sock. slice an onion and fry it in vicks salve let it cool to the point u can stand it put into an old sock and put on your lungs... My whole family has been doing this for years.. It will stick but it will clear u up.... By the way when someone is real sick they ask for the sock. when just a little scik they don't want it.. hugs and feel better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you feel better real soon. Are you very sure they didn't misdiagnose you? It does happen...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry you are not felling hope you can get some and get to felling better real soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Take some oil of Oregano or some Olive leaf tabs they work good for that. Note oil or Oregano is very strong if you're not used to it. just take a couple drops under your tongue. It's antibacterial and antiviral so is the Olive leaf. Hope this helps. Get well soon Fern!
    Loving Wife to Ken 29 yrs & 3 sons
    My furbaby: /Sparky paw:Jack Russel,Beagle,Dashaund mix
    Change jar ?

Seek ye first the kingdom of God & he will give you your hearts desires. (Matt 6:33)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, I feel your pain. The only sickness I ever get is bronchitis. And it's never the viral type (the vast majority of all bronchitis cases.) It's always bacterial. Viral will go away on its own in 2 weeks. But I can sit with mine for 2 or 3 months and Spring can even come and it won't clear up until I go to the doctor and get a strong antibiotic. Sometimes the antibiotic will only kick it down but it's still there--lingering. And then, 2 or 3 months later it comes back with avengence.

You may need to go back to the dr for another/different antibiotic.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

most likely my dx is correct. I've been hospitlized 9 times 7 dealing with breathing. Last time I was in the hospital I coded on my way to the hospital they made it to Kaiser which is across the street from me. I have never smoked but I have chronic asthma and COPD. I will be seeing my Dr soon. I am also allergic to most antibiotics.
    Fern

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, fernie, I know what you mean. Respiratory stuff is just so frustrating and makes you feel so tired, and it feels like nobody knows what you're going through. People will say to me, oh, you have a chest cold.

I wish. I USED to get chest colds before I became asthmatic at 37 (actually way before that, I just didn't know what was wrong). Then I knew what was causing every germ I caught to become VERY inflammatory and miserable. And the biggest thing is---it lasts forever. Weeks. I was sick so much of the time I was rasing my kids. I mean, I cooked, and cleaned, and took them to all of their activities, and was a good mom, but felt like CRAP so much of that time.

This last fall, I caught a flu or something from my BIL's kids I babysat for a weekend. Then, it went into my bronchi and 'here we go again'. I was just getting over it in the 3rd week of October (slightly better) when I had a gallbladder attack and had to have that out the next day.........YOu guessed it, I caught some kind of hospital bug, and coughed and wheezed for another 4 weeks. WITH abdominal 'holes'... 4 little incisions through which they operated. Ouch. Lovely. I was starting to feel really down. I was also worried I wasn't going to get well before the holidays.

I feel for you. It really is a chronic condition that sucks.
    ______
    Cheryl

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition." -------Martha Washington

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I hope you feel better soon. Is there by any chance places where mold could be growing and setting off resp. issues? My friend found mold growing behind the walls in her bathroom after several years of her kids being sick repeatedly.

Hugs
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"

Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No mold when my son died my other kids decided to start gutting my whole house 1 room at a time. to keep my mind busy. When the did my bathroom and bedroom They removed everything down to the studs. I didn't stay in the house. Part of my breathing problems is caused by my neighbor. He house smells like animal s**t she thinks she is saving these animals. She's not even being sited by the city she still collects animals. A lot of these animals are sick and she thinks if she fixes 1 one male every 4-5 months shes doing fine.
    Fern

Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

{{{HUGS}}} I feel for you. I've been unable to breathe through my nose at all since Jan 4. I have been breathing through my mouth 24/7 since then and it is so exhausting. I wake up feeling more tired than the night before, with dry mouth and all that. I spend hours inhaling eucalyptus oil steam. I now have an addiction and a tolerance to nasal spray. It's a nightmare. I have asthma too. I just want it to go away but every morning I wake up and think it's getting worse. Sometimes I feel like I just can't take it anymore. I hope this passes for both of us soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This bug is going around, Mine stuck around since Christmas, and I just started feeling better last week. I have not been so sick since I was a kid. Mine turned into pneumonia, after a week of strong antibiotics it still was not getting better.

I'm one for natural supplements and vitamins, I took garlic tabs with allicin, neem and vitamin d and i'm feeling much better now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Fernykins. I am asthmatic too, and colds just last forever, and turn into bronchitis all the time. No fun at all!

This winter I'm trying something different though. I'm seeing a naturopath who had some testing done on me and discovered I have the lowest IgA reading she's ever seen. IgA is an indicator of the state of a person's immune system. So she immediately put me on D3 and Oil of Oregano. I get 4 drops twice a day of the Oil of Oregano and 1000 IU of the D3. My DSIS#1, a doctor on the east coast, says they recommend up to 2000 IU of D3/day with their patients down there. The D3 is more for mood than anything I think. But the Oil of Oregano seems to be working on my immune system. I'm on pharmaceutical medicine as well.

I am thinking the D3 and OO are working because I haven't been sick so far this winter, which is a rarity for me. Usually it's every 6 weeks like clockwork that I come down with bronchitis.

I do hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hear you're under the weather.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Boy, Peanut, yours and Ferny's health problems sound just like mine!

Interesting information...thanks!

My strategy this winter was to get my flippin' flu shot (I had never had one cause DH is scared of them, due to his father getting Guilianne-Barre), taking plenty of Vit. C and Zinc, and getting enough sleep no matter WHO tries to sabotague that.

I'll have to look into the D3 and OO.
    ______
    Cheryl

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition." -------Martha Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast