found some good meal and TP deals today
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default found some good meal and TP deals today

got paid dh gets first check from new job tomorrow tax return hit so i felt safe going to grocery store for first time in a bit .

came upon some great meat deals for my area

perdue chicken thighs orig 2.49 a lb ( never would i pay that !) maked down for quick sale to 99c a lb - got 4 packages that appear to have 6 or so in them depending on size ) and they were under3.50 a pack - will use 2 packs for a dinner for us and have some leftover to have for lunch or peice in a cassarole .)

in the meat section i got 3 packs of meat cut into cubes for stews sish kabobs ( ? sp ) etc originally 5.99 a lb- on sale for 4.49 a lb each one was about .8x a lb so 3.70ish a pack but the packs had 2$ off coupons on them so were under 1.75$ each .

this is the only way i buy meat anymore really helps me to keep my bill low as i do
    also this store the sell by date is always very realistic i have seen quick sale meats that look discolored that when i unwrap them smell a little off i never have such an issue at this store

oh and this week was also a good TP week- only use the scott 1000 sheets ( or generic) or it will plug up the old pipes around here -
    for years i have set a price of 50c or less a roll which i could easily do for the non 100o sheets but not lately for the 1000 rolls.

well walgreens has then 2 for 88c so 44c a roll so i got a few from there if i am nearby
    and today at superfresh they had some new non scott brand and it was a 12 pack for 2 for 10 $ so 24 for 10$or 41 c a roll

sounds crazy to get so excited about TP but with 6 of us it goes quick and i wasnt sure i would ever get back to my 50c or less a roll but if one waits - it shows up sooner or later !
    *~Debbi~*
    Happily Married Mom to 5 ; PT Home Care RN
    Living with FMS

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”
    Swedish Proverb

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Getting Gazelle like 7/1/10
    Paid off 6 CC's totalling $6807 in 2010
    Paid off car 9000
    Quit 2nd Job for health reasons so going slower .
    purchased used car in cash 5000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oops supposed to say meat
    *~Debbi~*
    Happily Married Mom to 5 ; PT Home Care RN
    Living with FMS

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”
    Swedish Proverb

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Getting Gazelle like 7/1/10
    Paid off 6 CC's totalling $6807 in 2010
    Paid off car 9000
    Quit 2nd Job for health reasons so going slower .
    purchased used car in cash 5000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

with the economy the way it is meat and tp are great to have.. I would have stocked up 2..hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My first stop anymore in the grocery is the managers markdown section of the meat. Then all my meals for the week are built from there. Its what I have to do now that the prices have gone up. So I am right there with ya!
    Me: Heather
    Married to: Jason since 5/9/03
    Step mom to: Megan 10/21/94
    Mommy to: Erin 4/1/05
    Alex 8/7/07
    Mom to furbaby: Annie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great deals!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At the first of the year I got charmin basic 20pkg tp for 4.99, comes to almost .25 a roll and some of the pkgs I bought had an extra 4 rolls so .21 per roll. I bought 200 rolls
    Terry

Oct grocery 137.50/217.00
    Oct coupon 8.00
    YTD grocery 2715.95
    YTD coupon 477.26

New Recipe 7/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 10-7

1. clean/organize linen closet 2. organize/purge medicine cabinet 3. make at least one new recipe a month 0/12 4. learn to make 3 items from scratch 5. tame kitchen freezer 6. read To Kill A Mockingbird 7. watch Gone With The Wind 8. limit on-line game time to 30mins a day 9. write a letter monthly to MIL 10. make AND mail Christmas cards 11. repurpose 3 old items into something new 12. participate in monthly photo hunt 13. make 1 rag quilt 14. use exercise bike 4x wk 15. lose 3lbs a month 16. make work plan for camper 17. learn to back-up camper 18. participate in 1 SOTF get-together 19. complete dental work needed 20. say I Love You to loved ones daily

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy tp when the store has it on sale 2-24 pk rolls for $10. use angel soft (ds prefers charmin basic- dd doesn't care) so if I come across I buy it but it's rare here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by erinalexmom View Post
    My first stop anymore in the grocery is the managers markdown section of the meat. Then all my meals for the week are built from there. Its what I have to do now that the prices have gone up. So I am right there with ya!
    That's exactly how I do it. Then I stop by the produce reduction and buy up the veggies/fruits... hit the dented can/smashed box cart and I am good to go...

I buy my TP @ Dollar General ($1 for 6 rolls) and luckily neither DH or I really care about TP so I can go with the sandpaper as others like to refer to it. (in reality it truly is NOT like sandpaper- but what ever- we are good with it). But I also wait until they have their coupon days (get $5 off $25 purchase) and I stock up. It brings it down to .80 cents for 6 rolls.

Shame how we have to shop these days but I have no problem eating/ using what others are willing to pass by. I actually feel smarter than the rest of them (wink/wink)...

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WTG! I love a good close-out.

I bought six 1.25 lb. packages of turkey breakfast sausage links today for $1.50/pkg. I'm going to use them to make turkey jerky for our dogs. I'm trying to avoid giving them snacks intended for pets because of the questionable ingredients in those. I haven't tried making jerky in the new dehydrator so I hope it goes well. I think it'll be cheaper than the Chinese-made chicken jerky we used to buy them from Walmart, but the main thing is it's human-food-grade meat so I'll be more comfortable feeding it to them.

Gotta get that done this weekend, so we can buy more cheap meat Monday if it works out well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~