After all these years I am finally going to the envelope system... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another successful month of opening that CC bill and seeing great big ZERO's...... (The only downside is losing the cash back benefits for spending)... but I can live with that for now...

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the envelope system. Not only do I use that system in the real world, but my budgeting program on the computer uses the envelope system, so I can plan long term using envelopes too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelvssammy View Post
    Another successful month of opening that CC bill and seeing great big ZERO's...... (The only downside is losing the cash back benefits for spending)... but I can live with that for now...
    I use a Perkstreet DEBIT card. I get cash back benefits, but it's a debit card and the benefits can be cash deposited into your account or coupon cards for various retailers.

I always have them put the cash back right into my account. I use it like a credit card, but it's debit. It's a separate bank account from my main one so that I don't have to worry about someone stealing the card number and emptying my account or anything.

I don't work with or for them, but I don't use credit cards. So the Perkstreet debit card is what I use for all of my online bill pays and is the card I use during the few times I don't use cash.

I learned about it on Dave Ramsey and I've been using it for over a year now. So I haven't had a credit card in over a year and it's awesome. A debit card with perks. I'm not sure why no one else thought of that, but it's awesome.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This was a fun read! I have cloth envelopes that I like to use but DH and I have a difference of opions on it. My envelopes sure are pretty!
    Way to go on your $0 balance!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well I have settled in quite nicely living within my all cash world. I don't think my CC has seen the light of day in months. Heck, I better go check and make sure it is still in my purse even, I haven't seen it in so long....(and that's a GOOD thing)....

I thought this would be difficult and I would miss out on specials - but quite the opposite really. Some of those specials that I thought were so special (like candy clearances at the end of a holiday or potato chips on the clearance rack at Big Lots) - well I passed them up and found that I didn't really need them that much after all....

Although I always thought thru my purchases, I find myself not having to think at all now - I just don't need that stuff, period!

No, you can't eat your cold hard green cash - but it sure looks better carrying it around on your waist than that sack of potato chips or bag of cookies that you ate last week...

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345