Dog Attack - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dog Attack

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs to you. That bite looks very painful- I hope you heal soon. Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwantstosave$$ View Post
    Hugs Rhiamon, Thank God you & your dog are ok. I agree, that never should have happened. People need to make sure their dogs are contained. I hope this doesn't discourage you from getting out in the world more!
    mad as for u and your little doggie...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow....he sure got ahold of you didn't he....glad you are okay....hugs....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow, that is terrible. What kind of dog was it that got you? I hope the owners do the right thing and we don't have to see you on People's Court.
    I vote for the pepper spray, BTW.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you heal quickly,hugs!
    House Paid off October 1st...and we are loving it!!!!
    Proud supporter of Blessings In A Backpack, Food Bank and SPCA
    CrossFit lover...and now also AquaFit

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry that happened to you and glad it wasn't worse! I hope in the future, should you drive by/walk by that house and see that dog NOT chained and muzzled that you report it immediately. Thank goodness it wasn't your little dog or a child!!!! I vote pepper spray as well- just double check it's legal in your area (I think some states it is not legal to carry as it's a 'weapon'). I carry pepper spray when we go out as in our little town people let their dogs loose all the time- never had to use it, luckily, but glad to know it's there!

I hope you go after them for your medical bills- its the LEAST they can do!

Kill the mortgage! Goal: 12/2023 Left to go: $139,654.24Extra paid: 2012- $4408.03 2013-$5396.21+ $400 extra towards escrow
    2014-$3171.00

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you everyone. I am going to go and get bear spray at the army surplus store. My dog is still doing a lot of following me around and not wanting to be out of my sight. Thank God I had dropped DD off at school first before I decided to take the dog for a walk. It is very very sore the Dr told me it would be like getting hit with a baseball bat. I spoke to animal control and they spoke with the owners he wanted to let me know that they are very upset and very sorry that this happened. I sent the bylaw officer pictures of my arm and I have to right a statement. Then they are going to go to court to get a muzzle and leash act put on the dog.
    It was hard to sleep last night every time I rolled over I woke up. I have to keep an eye out for an infection. I had to get a tetanus shot as well. I have to go see my family dr later this week to make sure it is all right. The dog was a boxer crossed with something else that was big because the dog had a huge head. The people did say they were sorry and did check to see if I was ok before I got in the car with the women who saw what happened. It looks way worse today.
    Thank you everyone for the kind words!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bear spray can only be carried in an area with a risk of bear attacks. You need to look for a label that says dog spray. Canadian tire sells it. It's the same thing, but you can be charged with a weapons offense if you carry one with the wrong intended use.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you I was not aware of that. I will check Canadian tire for dog spray.
    This is what it looks like today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ouch, how awful. I would have been soo scared that it wouldn't stop! Hope those folks understand you'll need to be reimbursed and their dog is a menace.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry this happened to you.

I carry a triple action pepper spray anytime I take my kids on a walk. Hubby advised that if you are in a situation like a dog attack to pit out your non-dominant hand first, and then spray the animal.

When I asked why he said it was because the animal will bite what is coming at him first (perceived threat) and you don't want to lose your pepper spray or your ability to spray it.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to hear you are going through this. What a mess!!!! Don't let this situation stop you from getting out and about. Sending hugs your way. Take care and hang in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh my goodness!!!! I am sooooo sorry you are dealing with this.

I had a bite in my thigh get very very infected once. Please do keep an eye on things. I only found it was infected on accident when I bumped it on something and it opened up and let me know. I would suggest as tough as it sounds to lightly push on the area around it once in the morning and once at bedtime just to make sure something is not happening under the surface.

Heal quickly and by all means...if there are any expenses incurred make sure that the owner's take responsibility and pay those bills!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

People who own dogs should have to have a fence that the dogs cannot climb over or break through. The dog that attacked should be put down. It was not contained and unprovoked. You are lucky to be alive! There have been a lot of people killed by dogs in Florida.

My neighbor's rear neighbor has a dog that is vicious. It has almost made it over the 4 foot fence when I am in my yard. Nobody likes the dog except the owner. Animal control won't do anything until it attacks. Even if I put a fence up it could still get through my next door neighbor's fence if it got out. Then it would be able to get around to the front of my house. We aren't allowed to have 6ft fences in the front of our houses here. I think she should have to pay to have a higher fence put up since she is the one with the mean dog. My kids are afraid to play in the back yard and even the front where the dog can look through from the back and see them. I hate mean dogs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry, I got yelled at by bf for being on the computer while I was replying to you so I had to stop and help him. I wanted to say that I am so sorry for your attack and I hope you heal quickly. ((hugs))

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast