Been gone for a long while but I'm back ready to change my family's future
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Been gone for a long while but I'm back ready to change my family's future

I've been a member here for a while but I haven't been posting much in the past 2.5 years. I went back to school to get my Associate Degree in Nursing and I am proud to say that I worked my tail off and I graduated with a 4.0. I took my state boards on Tuesday and yesterday I found out that I passed. I am officially a Registered Nurse!!!!

Unfortunately, during the past years we haven't been diligent in our spending, lots of credit cards got racked up. I am in the process of job hunting and I can't wait to get a nursing job in a hospital. I am ready to start over and get rid of all this debt. I talked with hubby the other day and WE agreed that it would be best for us to live like "poor people" for another few years, pay off all credit card debt, build up an emergency fund (our heater/ac is over 20 years old, as is his car) and to pay off all student loans. Then after 2 years of living poor, we can live like we want to (within reason)

I am looking forward to getting my garden going this year (I live in Ohio, have to wait until May) and start to do more cooking from scratch. I will be working with hubby to get our post nursing school budget in order and working the TMMO Baby Steps.

I need encouragement and to be held accountable, so please don't hold back. I am willing to make changes for my family so we can live a better future and show our kids that hard work does pay off.

Thanks
    Lisa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations!!! I am about to finish my second semester of an associate RN program. 2 more to go and I will be where you are! I totally understand the debt, we are living on my husband's salary, my student loans and barely hanging on. Like you, I can't wait to get a job and start digging out! Good luck in the job hunt!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on passing your boards! I'm starting the nursing program this summer. I can't believe how much books, uniforms, supplies, ect. are! I'm gonna be in a similar boat as you when I'm done. It sounds like you and your husband are on the right track. Good luck on your job hunt!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Excellent job on passing your exams, good idea to live under your means to get the debt gone,enjoy your journey!!!
    House Paid off October 1st...and we are loving it!!!!
    Proud supporter of Blessings In A Backpack and SPCA
    CrossFit lover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations on following your dream of becoming a Registered Nurse! I have no doubt you can get a hold of your finances too if you set your mind to it. Welcome back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations! I wish I worked harder to pay off my debts when I graduated from nursing school 21 years ago. Unfortunately, I did lots of spending for the first few years after graduation. Our DD1 is in a BSN program and is managing her money a lot better than I did!
    Me
    DH
    DD 1
    DD 2

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations and welcome back!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on passing your boards! Good luck with the job hunt. I hope the market for new RNs in your area is good and that you are able to find a job you love quickly! Do you know what field of nursing you want to work in?

Registered User my4littlebuffaloes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is awesome, I hope you find a great job. I am in OH and I have already planted lettuce and peas. Both love the cooler weather and I get more production out of my garden.
    Jennifer

ds 14
    dd 12
    ds 10
    dd 8

My blog - www.gettingaheadblog.com

Savings Challenge

Furnace $0/$3000

Family Reunion Beach Vacation $100/$3000